Cover of the first edition
|Genre||Science fiction novel|
|Publisher||Brewer and Warren|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
Murder Madness is a science fiction novel by author Murray Leinster. It was first published in book form in 1931 by Brewer and Warren. It was Leinster's first book. The novel was originally serialized in four parts in the magazine Astounding beginning in May 1930.
The novel concerns a tyrant who attempts to control civilization by using a madness-inducing drug.
- 1930, USA, Astounding, Pub date May 1931, Magazine serialization in 4 parts
- 1931, USA, Brewer and Warren OCLC 3853539, Pub date 1931, Hardback
- 1949, USA, Fantasy Publishing Company, Inc. OCLC 184847128, Pub date 1949, Hardback
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 270.
- Clute, John; Peter Nicholls (1995). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. New York: St. Martin's Griffin. p. 707. ISBN 0-312-13486-X.
- Tuck, Donald H. (1974). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Chicago: Advent. p. 243. ISBN 0-911682-20-1.