Murder Song is a 1990 novel from Australian author Jon Cleary. It was the seventh book featuring Sydney homicide detective Scobie Malone. Cleary originally wanted to title the book Six Green Bottles but was talked out of it by his publisher.
A young woman is killed by a sniper in a Sydney apartment building. Malone discovers the building was owned by a businessman with links to organised crime - who was a cadet with Malone years ago at the police academy. Soon another former classmate of theirs is also killed.
- ^ Philip Kahllemms, Crime Review, The Sunday Herald (Sunday Review) 11 November 1990 p.40
- ^ 'Murder Mystery review (1990)', Australian Bookseller & Publisher vol.70 no.1009 October 1990 (p.34)
- ^ Tony Stephens, 'Steinbeck? Don't Make Me Laugh', Sydney Morning Herald, 4 November 1989 p 86
- ^ Murder Song at Austcrime
- ^ Katherine England, 'New Twists and Turns for Formula One Hero', The Advertiser Magazine 10 November 1990 (p.15)
- ^ Len Ward, 'Snipings and Scandals in Sizzling Sydney' The Canberra Times 6 October 1990 (B9)
- ^ Ray Davie, review, The Age 27 February 1991, Tempo (p.2)
External links