Murdered: Soul Suspect
|Murdered: Soul Suspect|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
|Release date(s)||Q2 2014|
|Distribution||Optical disc, download|
Murdered: Soul Suspect is an upcoming action-adventure game published by Square Enix. Instead of a direct announcement, it has been teased with posts on Twitter, with some depicting what could be the tagline of the game: What is the hardest case to solve? On February 19, 2013, a teaser trailer was released on the official YouTube channel of the game. The developer has been confirmed to be Airtight Games and the game will release on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It has been teased to be targeted for 2014.
The concept of the title was based on Die Hard, but with a twist when creative director Yosuke Shiokawa wondered what if protagonist John McClane died in the events of the film yet continues to fight as a ghost.
The game is centered on Detective Ronan O'Connor who uses his ghostly powers to solve his own murder while combating demonic creatures at the same time.
The premise has been compared to the 2010 adventure game Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, but Matthew Brunner, chief creative officer of Airtight Games, says that he wasn't even aware of Ghost Trick when development began, and that while the premises are similar, the two games' look, feel and gameplay are very different.
- "Murdered dev: Our game 'looks better' than a lot of next-gen titles". VideoGamer.com. June 19, 2013.
- Eddie, Makuch (August 6, 2013). "Murdered: Soul Suspect launching after March 2014". Gamespot.
- Moriarty, Colin (February 8, 2013). "Square Enix's New Game is Murdered: Soul Suspect". IGN.
- "Murdered: Soul Suspect Teaser Trailer".
- "More On Murdered: Soul Suspect - News". www.GameInformer.com. 2013-02-20. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- Kubba, Sinan (2013-02-20). "Murdered: Soul Suspect dispatched in early 2014". Joystiq. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- "Murdered: Soul Suspect Is Like A Hardboiled Ghost Trick From Square Enix Japan". Siliconera. 2013-06-07. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- "Murdered: Soul Suspect sounds a lot like Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - Murdered: Soul Suspect for Xbox 360 News". Videogamer.com. 2013-06-04. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- "Airtight CCO talks similarities and differences between Murdered: Soul Suspect and Capcom's Ghost Trick". Polygon. 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-09-02.