|IATA: EKA – ICAO: KEKA – FAA LID: EKA|
|Elevation AMSL||7 ft / 2 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Murray Field (IATA: EKA, ICAO: KEKA, FAA LID: EKA) is a county-owned public airport 3 miles (4.8 km) east of Eureka in Humboldt County, California. Most of its use is general aviation, but FedEx Express flights stop for package delivery.
Facilities and aircraft
Murray Field covers 131 acres (53 ha):1-1 at 7 feet (2.1 m) above mean sea level on reclaimed land east of Humboldt Bay.:2-1 Its one runway, 12/30, is 3,011 by 75 feet (918 by 23 m):2-1 asphalt. Medium Intensity Runway Lights (MIRL) are the only airport lighting.:1-1 Runways 11 and 29 have Visual Approach Slope Indicators (VASI) and a parallel taxi-way.:2-1 The original runway 7-25 was shut down as substandard in 1997.:2-4
It has a restaurant and a charter service, Northern Air, as well as a Civil Air Patrol office.
In 2007 the airport had 65,450 aircraft operations, average 179 per day: 99% general aviation, <1% air taxi and <1% military. In 2005 101 aircraft were based at the airport: 90 single-engine, 11 multi-engine.:2-4
Other local airports
- FAA Airport Master Record for EKA ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Murray Field Airport Master Plan Update Environmental Assessment. Humboldt County Department of Public Works. November 2008. p. 206.
- FAA Terminal Procedures for EKA, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
- Live Webcams at Murray Field