Murray Roman (March 8, 1929 – November 6, 1973) was an American stand-up comedian whose career was cut short by a car crash. Many consider his style, and material, to be similar to Lenny Bruce.
He was Keith Moon's favorite comedian. Moon helped Roman obtain a contract with Track Records, which had also signed Jimi Hendrix and The Who.
Roman married three times and had 3 daughters.
- Out of Control
- You Can't Beat People Up And Have Them Say I Love You
- A Blind Man's Movie
- Backtrack 13 (You Can't Beat People Up And Have Them Say I Love You)
- The Rat Patrol, The Tug-of-War Raid: (Mar/04/1968) As Lt. Pohl
- The Monkees, Fairytale (Jan/08/1968) As Harold
- That Girl, This Little Piggy Had a Ball (Mar/23/1967) As Manager of Bowling Alley
- ABC Stage 67, On The Flip Side (Dec/07/1966) As Hairy Eddie Popkin
- Batman, Hizzonner the Penguin (1) (Nov/02/1966) and Dizzonner the Penguin (2) (Nov/03/1966) as E.G. Trendek
Roman was sampled by DJ Shadow in "Stem/Long Stem/Transmission 2" of his Endtroducing album.
- Billy Friedberg, Nat Hiken, Coleman Jacoby, Arnold Rosen, Leonard Stern and Tony Webster (1957)
- No award (1958–1963)
- Sam Denoff, Bill Persky and Carl Reiner (1964)
- No award (1965)
- Hal Goldman, Al Gordon and Sheldon Keller (1966)
- Mel Brooks, Sam Denoff, Bill Persky, Carl Reiner and Mel Tolkin (1967)
- Chris Bearde, Phil Hahn, Jack Hanrahan, Coslough Johnson, Paul Keyes, Marc London, Allan Manings, David Panich, Hugh Wedlock and Digby Wolfe (1968)
- Allan Blye, Bob Einstein, Carl Gottlieb, Cy Howard, Steve Martin, Jerry Music, Murray Roman, Cecil Tuck, Paul Wayne and Mason Williams (1969)