The Musashi's are a musical group in Japan, consisting of five cats. One of the largest talent agencies, Stardust Promotion, represents the Musashi's. The contract with Stardust stated that each cat will be given one skipjack tuna approximately valued at 7000 Japanese yen (90.00 USD) per song.
- Musashi (ムサシ) - leader; 4 year old male Norwegian Forest Cat. Youngest but also the fattest.
- Leo (レオ) - 4 year old male cat. Quiet crying noise.
- Luca (ルカ) - 6 year old female cat. Quiet but high crying noise.
- Seri (セリ) - main vocal; 12 year old female cat.
- Marble (マーブル) - 15 year old female cat. When the owner picked her up, she was living on the street and in poor health.
Toward the end of 2007, the owner of the five cats posted a video on YouTube to celebrate Christmas. In the video, the cats sing to the tune of Jingle Bells along with instrumental backup. This video became popular with cat lovers, not only in Japan, but all over the world. The YouTube video had over 1.2 million views by the end of 2007. It was also nominated for a YouTube award in the category of "Best Video of 2007".
In 2008, the Musashi's signed a contract with Stardust Promotion. On March 3, they released their first single covering a popular Japanese song "Hotaru no Hikari". This cover was accompanied by a new original song. The single was a digital download from music.jp. A second single titled "Ichinensei ni Nattara" was released on April 7, 2008.
- 2008-03-03 - Hotaru no Hikari
- 2008-04-07 - Ichinensei ni Nattara
- "ギャラはカツオ！歌う猫5匹「Musashi's」デビュー" (in Japanese). 2008-02-28. Archived from the original on 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- "In Search of the Living, Purring, Singing Heart of the Online Cat-Industrial Complex". Wired Magazine. Retrieved August 28, 2012.