|Traded as||OTCQB: MSLP|
|Industry||Bodybuilding supplement, vitamins, dietary supplements|
|Founded||Denver, Colorado, USA 2010|
|Headquarters||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Key people||Brad Pyatt
(Founder & CEO)
MusclePharm is an American nutritional supplement company headquartered in Denver, Colorado. MusclePharm is currently[when?] sold in over 120 countries and available in over 10,000 U.S. retail outlets, including GNC, Walmart, Vitamin Shoppe, and recently Costco. It is also sold by online retailers such as bodybuilding.com, GNC.com and Dick's Sporting Goods.
MusclePharm Corporation was incorporated on August 4, 2006. On February 18, 2010, the company acquired Muscle Pharm, LLC, and as a result, MusclePharm became a wholly owned subsidiary. In February 2012, MusclePharm launched a new product line called "MMA Elite" in partnership with the UFC sponsor MMA Elite. 
MusclePharm's revenues are likely to exceed $175 million in 2014 with a EPS of around $0.41
Referred to as "The Athlete's Company" by its CEO, Brad Pyatt, MusclePharm's focus is on healthy lifestyles, and the company develops and manufactures a line of supplements intended to assist athletes with muscle building, weight loss and general fitness through the use of a daily supplement regimen. MusclePharm claims that its supplements are free of banned substances such as anabolic steroids. Its pre-workout product, "Assault", and its protein powder, "Combat", has INFORMED-CHOICE certification.
Legal and other issues
MusclePharm has faced several legal issues related to its stock and intellectual property infringement.
In May 2012, Marina Ventures sought to force MusclePharm's sale of 21 million shares of common stock. Inter-Mountain Capital sued MusclePharm for alleged failure to sell, seeking damages of $4 million. In the same month, John's Lone Star Distribution alleged in a suit that MusclePharm entered into illegal price discrimination contracts with a Lone Star competitor with the intention of removing Lone Star from the market.
In 2011, Environmental Research Center (ERC) filed a notice of intent to start litigation against over 200 nutrition and supplement companies, including MusclePharm, alleging violations of California Proposition 65. In February 2012, ThermoLife claimed in a lawsuit that MusclePharm infringed ThermoLife's patent on amino acid compounds including creatine nitrate.
In September 2011, it was reported that MusclePharm's executive vice president, Leonard Armenta, had resigned after accusations from the MMA fighter Quinton "Rampage" Jackson that there was a spy in his camp in the lead up to UFC 135. Jackson accused his opponent Jon Jones of having a spy at his training camp in Denver, Colorado, in the buildup to the bout. In an interview with ESPN's SportsCenter, Jackson said MusclePharm released an employee named "Leonard" and accused him of acting as a spy for Jones.
In October 2012, MusclePharm discontinued use of BEAST Sports' trademarks including "Beast" and "Beast Mode" after MusclePharm’s unauthorized use.
MusclePharm has been nominated and has won 14 Bodybuilding.com Awards within the past four years. Bodybuilding.com is an American online retailer of over 9,900 sports supplements and nutritional products based in Meridian, Idaho. The MusclePharm president and chief marketing officer, Jeremy DeLuca, is the brother of the Bodybuilding.com CEO Ryan DeLuca.
- 2009 Awarded: New Brand Of The Year
- 2010 Nominated for five 2010 Bodybuilding.com supplement awards  and awarded Supplement company of the month October 2010 on bodybuilding.com, Top 10 bestselling brands on bodybuilding.com, Breakout brand of the year, Recovery product of the year (Re-Con), Pre-workout product of the year (Assault), Best new supplement of the year (Bullet Proof) and New Brand Of The Year
- 2011 Nominated for 14 Bodybuilding.com Supplement Awards. and awarded Breakout Brand Of Year, New Supplement of Year (Assault), and Best Packaging of Year
- 2012 Nominated for 18 Bodybuilding.com supplement awards  and awarded Brand of the Year, Pre-Workout of the Year, Packaging of the Year.
- Cincinnati Reds
- Xempt Player Series
- MMA Elite
- Eurpac Service, Inc.
Created Brand names
Arnold Series: In September 2013 the company partnered with Europa Sports Products to sell their new Arnold Series. Arnold Schwarzenegger made an appearance with MusclePharm at Muscle beach, LA for the initial launch of the brand. The products include: Iron Whey, Iron Mass, Iron Pump, Iron Stack, Iron Dream, and Iron Cre3. 
FitMiss: In November 2013 MusclePharm made an agreement with Walgreens for their innovative brand specifically for women. After the agreement, MissFit was stocked in 7,000 Walgreens stores nationwide. The products include FitMiss Delight, FitMiss Tone, FitMiss Burn, and Ready-to-Drink FitMiss Delight. 
- Tiger Woods (PGA Tour golfer)
- Anderson Silva (MMA & UFC fighter; Former UFC Middleweight Champion)
- Bryce Harper (MLB outfielder)
- Chris Johnson (NFL running back)
- Clay Guida (MMA & UFC Featherweight fighter)
- Donald Cerrone (MMA & UFC Lightweight fighter)
- Jake Shields (MMA & UFC Middleweight fighter)
- Lyoto Machida (MMA & UFC fighter; former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion)
- Michael Vick (NFL quarterback)
- Laron Landry (NFL safety Indianapolis Colts)
- Chad Johnson (former NFL wide receiver)
- Natalia Muntean (2009 Ms. Bikini Universe and WBFF Fitness Model World Champion)
- Obi Obadike (World Body & Fitness Federation Pro-Male Fitness Model World Champion and 2010 FMI Male Fitness Model of the Year)
- Patrick Barry (MMA & UFC Heavyweight fighter)
- Patrick Willis (NFL defensive linebacker)
- Rashad Evans (MMA & UFC fighter; former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion)
- Nicholas Tringali (99 pound Commack Varsity Wrestling Starter, Ended his first high school varsity season with an outstanding record of 9-14, with All-Varsity Honors.)
- Former President of Bodybuilding.com Joins MusclePharm
- "MusclePharm appoints new CFO". Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "MusclePharm Adds Dick's Sporting Goods To Its Growing Retail Distribution Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/08/28/4219426/musclepharm-adds-dicks-sporting.html#storylink=cpy". heraldonline.com. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Company Info". Reuters.com. 9 February 2009. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "MMA Elite Supplements Powered by MusclePharm Now Available at Wal-Mart". PR Newswire. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- Johnsen, Michael. "MusclePharm launches MMA Elite supplement line at Walmart". Drug Store News. Michael Johnsen. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "MusclePharm: A Fast Growing Sports Nutrition Company". Seeking Alpha. Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "MusclePharm Corp raises FY 2014 revenue outlook; lowers FY 2014 EPS outlook". Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Informed Choice Certification". Informed-choice.org. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- USA Today: 'Rampage' Jackson names alleged spy
- 'Rampage' Jackson Outs Spy Just Hours Before UFC 135
- The Tawnsaura Group, LLC v. Musclepharm Corporation
- MusclePharm Taps Out as Beast Sports Nutrition Prevails in Trademark Infringement Suit
- Sports Nutrition Retail Mogul Jeremy Deluca Signs as MusclePharm President and Chief Marketing Officer
- BusinessWire (6 March 2011). "MusclePharm Nominated for Five 2010 Bodybuilding.com Supplement Awards, Part II". Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- GlobalNewsWire (5 October 2010). "MusclePharm Recognized as Supplement Company of the Month by Bodybuilding.com, Part II". Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- GlobalNewsWire (25 January 2011). "MusclePharm Moves Into Top 10 Best-Selling Brands on Bodybuilding.com , Part II". Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- PR NewsWire (25 July 2011). "MusclePharm Nominated for 14 Bodybuilding.com Supplement Awards". Retrieved 26 July 2011.
- Bluher, John. "MusclePharm Nominated For 18 Bodybuilding.com Supplement Awards". PR Newswire. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "UFC and MusclePharm Ink New Deal". Ufc.com. 22 September 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- Globe NewsWire (18 January 2011). "MusclePharm Becomes an Official Nutritional Supplement Supplier for the Cincinnati Reds,". Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- businesswire (8 July 2010). "MusclePharm Announces Partnership With Bodybuilding.com And The 1st Annual 2010 Military Challenge, Part II". Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Xempt Partnership". Golfbusinesswire.com. 8 March 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- PR NewsWire (20 June 2011). "MusclePharm to Launch MMA ELITE Supplement Line in Walmart,". Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- PR NewsWire (27 March 2012). "MusclePharm Signs Agreement with Eurpac, Worldwide Distributor to U.S. Armed Forces,". Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Arnold Series website http://arnold.com
|url=missing title (help).
- "MusclePharm Third Quarter". musclepharmcorp.com. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- GolfChannelDigital. "Woods signs new bag deal with MusclePharm". Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- GlobeNewsWire. "MusclePharm(R) to Sponsor MMA Champion Anderson Silva at UFC 126 Main Event". Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "MusclePharm Signs Rookie Bryce Harper". Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- StockMarketWatch. "MSLP is our New Research Report! Details Inside!". Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- GlobeNewsWire. "MusclePharm to Sponsor MMA Star Jake Shields at UFC 121 Co-Main Event". Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- GlobeNewsWire. "MusclePharm to Sponsor MMA Star Lyoto Machida at UFC 123 Main Event". Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- GlobeNewsWire. "MusclePharm Signs Leading Fitness Female Natalia Muntean". Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- GlobeNewsWire. ""The World's Most Ripped Fitness Model - Obi Obadike" Signs Endorsement Contract with MusclePharm". Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- PR.com. "VFD Sports Announces MusclePharm Sponsorship Deal for Pat Barry". Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- PRNewsWire. "MusclePharm Inks Deal With NFL Superstar, 49er All-Pro Patrick Willis". Retrieved 12 January 2011.