|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2011)|
|EP by Muse|
|Released||11 May 1998|
|Recorded||1997Sawmills Studio, Cornwallat|
|Genre||Alternative rock, new prog, electronic rock, experimental rock, symphonic rock, space rock|
|Producer||Paul Reeve, Muse|
Muse is the debut extended play (EP) by English alternative rock band Muse. Limited to 999 hand-numbered copies, it was released on 11 May 1998 by Sawmills Studio label Dangerous Records. Three of the EP's four songs – "Overdue", "Cave" and "Escape" – were re-recorded for the band's full-length debut album Showbiz, while the same recording of the song "Coma" was rereleased as a B-side on the "Cave" Single.
All songs written and composed by Matthew Bellamy.
- Matthew Bellamy – lead vocals, guitar, piano, production
- Christopher Wolstenholme – bass, backing vocals, production
- Dominic Howard – drums, percussion, artwork, production
- Additional personnel
- Paul Reeve – production, mixing on "Cave" and "Coma"
- John Cornfield – mixing on "Overdue" and "Escape"
- Chris Davison – photography
On the cover of the EP is a distorted and re-arranged image of the band's drummer, Dominic Howard.