Music schools in Uganda
Music schools in Uganda are a relatively recent innovation. The first full-fledged music schools in Uganda have only formed in the 21st century.[dubious ] In addition to nurturing a new generation of Ugandan musicians, these schools are aiding the economy by providing jobs for musicians, producers, editors, managers, music marketers, and more.
While some music schools in Uganda follow the traditional conservatory model, concentrating on classical music education, others follow a broader curriculum encompassing both classical and contemporary music styles.
Some of the larger music schools that have recently formed in Uganda include:
- ESOM School of Music, Kampala (opened April 2006 )
- Offers lessons in audio production, violin, guitar, bass guitar, drums, singing, song writing, music theory, video editing and dance.
- Kampala Music School, Kampala (opened 2001)
- Offers piano, wind and brass instruments.
- Makerere University, Kampala
- Offers music, dance and drama
- Reformed Theological College, Lubaga the music department was opened in 2000 *
- Offers lessons in guitar, piano, music theory