|Headquarters||Bologna, New York, London|
|Country of origin||Italy|
|Founder(s)||Massimo Ciociola, Jonny Delli Carri, Giuseppe Costantino, Francesco Delfino, Valerio Paolini|
|Users||over 30 million|
|Available in||English, Spanish, Italian, French, Japanese, German, Portuguese|
|Native client(s) on||Windows, Windows Phone, Android, iOS, Google Chrome, Spotify|
musiXmatch is a searchable lyrics catalogue of more than 7 million lyrics in 38 languages. It is accessible on Windows and Mac through Spotify, the Windows Store and Google Chrome, as well as on mobile apps for the iOS, Android and Windows Phone operating systems. It is also available as a native app for Google Glass.
musiXmatch displays synchronised lyrics to view in time with the music being played. On its native apps, it bears the ability to scan all the songs in a user's music library and find lyrics for them all, as well as to be used as a native music player. On the Android platform, it also supports many major music streaming services like Spotify, Pandora, Google Play Music, Deezer, Rhapsody and Rdio and can display lyrics floating above the application.
Their API-enabled feed allows website owners and mobile application developers to legally display and monetize the lyrics in their database.
musiXmatch was founded in Bologna, Italy, on January 21, 2010, by Massimo Ciociola and a group of co-founders. The service went live in July 2010 and, as of January 2013, musiXmatch has raised $8.1m in angel and venture capital funding.
- Official website
- MusiXmatch aims to make online lyrics legal with new €400k round
- musiXmatch raises Series A 3,7Mln $
- musiXmatch taps 10 million users in the world
- 30 top apps for making music on your mobile device
- Turning Lyrics into a Business, Forbes
- In Music Piracy Battles, Lyrics Demand Respect Too
- 3 New Options for Karaoke Glory, Embarrassment
- MusiXmatch Puts Its Song Lyrics On Apple TV For Better Karaoke Experience