Muslim Association of Canada
|Type||Non-profit organization; association|
|Purpose||Provides religious and educational services for the Muslim community in Canada.|
|Affiliations||Islamic Circle of North America|
|Website||Muslim Association of Canada|
MAC operates in 11 Canadian cities, with a vision to establish an Islamic presence in Canada that is integrated within the social fabric and culture of Canada. MAC works to achieve its mission by building Muslim individuals through educational, who are spiritually connected, strongly grounded in their own faith, with an understanding of what Islam means in the modern world.
The association holds a joint annual conference with the Islamic Circle of North America.
Edmonton, Alberta's main MAC resource is the MAC Islamic Center or Rahma Mosque, located in Southwest Edmonton. The mosque and center has a preschool, a Sunday school and a youth center. In May 2012, led by the MAC Islamic Center, MAC held a three day convention that also included a concert given by Dawud Wharnsby.
MAC Toronto offer programs for communities in Toronto such as leadership training, Campus Halaqas (Religious circles), Islam awareness week Training and MYVoice - a quarterly magazine aimed at engaging Muslim youth.
MAC Toronto centers and Mosques in Toronto
- Masjid Toronto at Dundas
- Masjid Toronto at Adelaide
- MAC Education Centre
- Islamic Community Centre of Ontario
MAC Toronto schools in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
- Al-Huda Islamic Schools – Ajax Campus
- Al-Huda Islamic Schools – Milton Campus
- Al-Huda Islamic Schools - Applewood
- Al-Huda Islamic Schools – OGS Campus
- Olive Grove Islamic School
- MAC Islamic Preschool and Childcare
Located in Montreal Canada MAC Montreal Is the biggest MAC Chapter
MAC centers and mosques in Montreal
- Al-Rawdah Masjid http://alrawdah.ca/French/
- Centre Communautaire Laurentien (CCL) http://alrawdah.ca/French/index.php/centre-ccl.html
- Centre Islamique de Verdun (CIV) http://www.verdunmuslims.ca/ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Islamic-Center-of-Verdun-Canada/345796632097538
The RCMP recently invoked in an investigation that the Muslim Association of Canada donated $296,514 to IRFAN-Canada, an organization with known ties to Hamas. During this time period, IRFAN-Canada transferred over 14.6 million dollars to groups that have ties with Hamas, and was dubbed a terrorist group by the Canadian Government on July 29, 2014. MAC claims all donations stopped once "the allegations that led to its delisting as a charity by the Government of Canada in 2011". However RCMP surveillance documents say it is possible MAC were still donating to IRFAN-Canada in 2014.
- "MAC Islamic School". Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Creative Minds Peschool (North)". Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).our Vision and Mission. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Pages/Our%20Vision%20and%20Mission.aspx
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).Services in Toronto. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Toronto/Pages/Services-in-Toronto.aspx
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).Centers and Mosques in Toronto. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Toronto/Pages/Centers-and-Mosques-in-Toronto.aspx
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).Schools in Toronto. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Toronto/Pages/Schools-in-Toronto.aspx
- "A Statement by the Muslim Association of Canada" (PDF). Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Canadian Muslim group funnelled $300K to Hamas-linked charity: Documents". Toronto Sun. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Muslim Association of Canada.|