Muslim Association of Canada
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2010)|
|Muslim Association of Canada|
|Type||non-profit organization; Association|
|Purpose/focus||provides religious and educational services for the Muslim community in Canada.|
|Location||11 Canadian cities.|
|Affiliations||Islamic Circle of North America|
|Website||Muslim Association of Canada|
A national, grassroots organization, MAC currently operates in 11 Canadian cities. With a vision to establish an Islamic presence in Canada, that is balanced, constructive and integrated, though distinct, within the social fabric and culture of Canada, MAC believes the primary means of achieving that vision is by investing in human resources, particularly youth. MAC works to achieve its mission by building Muslim individuals, through active educational efforts, who are spiritually connected, strongly grounded in their own faith, motivated and enthusiastic, with an understanding of what Islam means in the modern world.
The Association holds joint annual conferences with the Islamic Circle of North America.
Edmonton, Alberta's main MAC resource is the MAC Islamic Center or Rahma Mosque, located in North Edmonton. The mosque and center has a preschool, a Sunday school, a youth center and provides Arabic classes. In May 2012, led by the MAC Islamic Center, MAC held a three day, successful convention that also included a concert given by Dawud Wharnsby.
Located in Toronto Canada MAC Toronto Is a branch of MAC,Muslim Association of Canada, they provide religious and educational services for Muslims in the Greater Toronto Area, they have youth programs, school and religious institutions located in 11 Canadian Cities. their mission and objective is to make people understand "Islam and Islamic values" in Canada and to represent Muslims in "various aspects of Canadian society including the social, legal, and political circles". their main missions is to"establish an Islamic presence in Canada"
MAC Toronto offer many programs for communities in Toronto they have leadership training, Campus Halaqas (Religious circles),Islam awareness week Training and MYVoice "a quarterly magazine aimed at engaging Muslim youth"
MAC Toronto centers and Mosques in Toronto
"Over the last 15 years, MAC has established community centers and mosques across Canada. MAC believes that Muslims deserve institutions that provide a welcoming and safe space offering social, recreational and educational programs for our families. Our institutions are inclusive to all people irrespective of faith, race, ethnicity or gender. Find a center near you"
- Masjid Toronto at Dundas
- Masjid Toronto at Adelaide
- MAC Education Centre
- Islamic Community Centre of Ontario
MAC Toronto schools in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
"MAC envisions the school as a learning institution that supports the integrated and balanced development of the individual. MAC operates full-time schools, weekend schools, Quran schools and other programs that provide high quality education opportunities to everyone."
- Al-Huda Islamic Schools – Ajax Campus
- Al-Huda IslamicSchools – Milton Campus
- Al-Huda Islamic Schools - Applewood
- Al-Huda IslamicSchools – OGS Campus
- Olive Grove IslamicSchool
- MAC IslamicPreschool and Childcare
Board of Directors
Board Of Directors 
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).our Vision and Mission. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Pages/Our%20Vision%20and%20Mission.aspx
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).Services in Toronto. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Toronto/Pages/Services-in-Toronto.aspx
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).Centers and Mosques in Toronto. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Toronto/Pages/Centers-and-Mosques-in-Toronto.aspx
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).Schools in Toronto. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Toronto/Pages/Schools-in-Toronto.aspx
- Muslim Association of Canada(2012).Our Board of Directors. Retrieved from http://www.macnet.ca/English/Pages/Our%20Board%20of%20Directors.aspx
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Muslim Association of Canada.|
|This article about an organization in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Islamic organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|