|Mayor of Şişli|
1999 – Incumbent
İliç, Erzincan Province, Turkey
|Political party||Republican People's Party|
|Spouse(s)||Aylin Kotil (Second Wife, Divorced, 2008)|
As a member of the CHP he had become a known figure of the internal opposition against then party leader Deniz Baykal. It also has been announced that he will not be shown as a candidate for CHP in any other national or local elections.
Mustafa Sarıgül got divorced from his second wife Aylin Kotil in 2008. 
He is the author of two books; "TBMM'de Bir Milletvekili" and "İstanbul'da Direksiyon Sallamak"..
In 2009 he formed a new political movement called the Turkish Change Movement (Türkiye Değişim Hareketi) and started work towards forming it into a political party. However, following Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu's succession to CHP's leadership in 2010, he announced that this created an opportunity for change in the CHP, and that he would not form a new party.
Sarigul was elected to parliament in 1987 and became the youngest MP in Turkish parliament as member of SHP. Another MP from SHP, Tevfik Kocak, made application on 30th October 1989 to the parliament to investigate corruption and bribery charges related to the procurement of military aircraft. Claims are made later by Tevfik Kocak that Sarigul made another application to the parliament falsifying Kocak's signature to withdraw the application to investigate the corruption charges. Sarigul was dismissed from SHP in 1992.
Can Atakli, a columnist who applied to CHP to run for mayor-ship of Istanbul in 2013, questioned Sarigul's connections with Soros and Gulen Movement, requesting Sarigul to publicize the financial support he receives from businessmen.
- Iste 13. CHP Kongre Muharebesi Fotograflari (Turkish)
- Sarigul'un Ayrildigi Esi Aylin Kotil Ilk Kez Konustu (Turkish)
- Mustafa Sarıgül, resmen DSP'de (Turkish)
- reference of his books (Turkish)
- "'CHP'ye destek vereceğiz'" ['We will support the CHP']. Cumhuriyet (in Turkish). June 22, 2010. Retrieved June 23, 2010.
- "Mustafa Sarıgül’ü Baykal’dan önce Erdal İnönü ihraç etmiş!".
- "Baykal: Corrupt Sarıgül can't take Atatürk's post".
- "MUSTAFA SARIGÜL'E CAN ALICI SORULAR".
|This article about a mayor in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|