Muswellbrook railway station
Southbound view in August 2007
|Address||Market Street, Muswellbrook
|Distance||288.78 km (179.44 mi) from Central|
|Opened||19 May 1869|
|Fare zone||MyZone 3|
Muswellbrook railway station is located on the Main Northern line in New South Wales, Australia. It serves the town of Muswellbrook. It opened on 19 May 1869 as Musclebrook being renamed on 1 September 1890.
Platforms & services
The station has one platform and a disused dock platform at the southern end. Muswelbrook is serviced by NSW TrainLink Hunter line services travelling between Newcastle and Scone. There are three services in each direction on weekdays, and two on weekends. In addition on weekdays there is a service that terminates/commences at Muswellbrook.
In early 2007, the Australian Rail Track Corporation commenced work to rationalise the tracks within the yard and add a passing loop long enough to accommodate 1,500 metre long trains. Upon completion, freight trains are to pass through the yard area at 80 km/h, improving travel times.
In March 2009, duplication of the Main North line reached Muswellbrook station, the completion of a project to upgrade the line to double track between Antiene and Muswellbrook to improve coal haulage capacity.
|1||Hunter Line||Endeavour/Hunter railcar services to Newcastle (2-4 per day) & Scone (2-3 per day)|
|NSW TrainLink North Western||Xplorer services to Armidale/Moree and Sydney (1 each way per day)|
- Muswellbrook Station NSWrail.net
- Muswellbrook Railway Precinct NSW Environment & Heritage
- Hunter line timetable NSW TrainLink 20 October 2013
- North Western timetable NSW TrainLink 20 October 2013
- St Heliers to Muswellbrook Duplication Commissioning Australian Rail Track Corporation 17 March 2009
- "In Brief: Duplication reaches Muswellbrook after 59 years" Railway Digest June 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Muswellbrook railway station, New South Wales.|