From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up mutation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A mutation is a change in the sequence of an organism's genetic material.
Mutation may also refer to:
- Mutate (comics), a group and term used in Marvel Comics
- Mutation (novel), a 1990 medical thriller by Robin Cook
- Savage Land Mutates, a group of mutants in Marvel Comics
- Mutation, the process of changing hexachords in medieval music theory
- Mutation (organ stop), a type of organ stop that does not sound at unison or octave pitch
- Mutations (Beck album), 1998
- Mutations (Fight album), 1994
- "Mutations", a song by Salt the Wound from their 2009 album, Ares
- Mutation (genetic algorithm), an operator in a genetic algorithm of computing
- Apophony, in linguistics, a change in a sound in a word
- Consonant mutation, in linguistics, a change in a consonant sound
- Mutation (algebra), an operation on algebras producing an algebra with a modified multiplication operation
- Mutation (knot theory), an operation on a knot that creates different knots
- Mutation (Jordan algebra), an operation on Jordan algebras that creates different Jordan algebras
- Mutation of a seed in the theory of cluster algebras.
- Voice break, the change in human voice during puberty
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.