Muthur during the Serampalayam Mariamman Temple Festival
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 4257|
|Vehicle registration||TN 42, TN 56|
As of 2001[update] India census, Muthur had a population of 10,063. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Muthur has an average literacy rate of 59%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 70%, and female literacy is 48%. In Muthur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2014)|
- Government Higher Secondary School
- Aanoor Vidyalaya Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Vivekanandha Matriculation Hr Sec School School
- KKP Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Karuppannan Mariappan College for Arts & Science
- Selvakumar Engineering College(UC)
- Lord Selvakumara Swamy (an avatar of Lord Murugan or Skanda) and Kuppanna Swamy, both clan deities of Cheran ) are in Muthur.
- Muthur also has a Shiva temple.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
Muthur is part of Erode (Lok Sabha constituency).
|This Erode district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|