|Elevation||3,900 ft (1,190 m)|
|Population (2009 Estimate)|
Mutukula is a town in Central Uganda.
Mutukula is located in extreme southern Rakai District, at the International border between Uganda and Tanzania. The town lies approximately 100 kilometres (62 mi), by road, southwest of Masaka, the largest city in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 240 kilometres (150 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:01 00 00N, 31 25 00E (Latitude:-1.000; Longitude:31.4167).
The town of Mutukula is a border town between Uganda and Tanzania. At an altitude of 1,190 metres (3,900 ft), above sea level, Mutukula is an important border post and major crossing point, for both human and commercial traffic.
As of July 2009, the population of Mutukula, Uganda was estimated at about 15, 000 people.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town:
- The offices of Mutukula Town Council
- Mutukula Airport - A military and civilian airport, located approximately 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) north of town
- Mutukula Prison - A medium security correctional facility
- Mutukula Central Market
- The International border between Uganda and Tanzania
- A branch of Stanbic Bank Uganda
- A branch of Global Trust Bank