|Created by||Pablo S. Gomez|
|Directed by||Erick C. Salud
Jojo A. Saguin
Precious Lara Quigaman
|Opening theme||"Sana" by Amy Nobleza|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||68|
|Executive producer(s)||Carlina D. Dela Merced|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Dreamscape Entertainment TV|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original run||January 31, 2011– May 6, 2011|
Mutya is a Philippine fantasy series produced and aired by ABS-CBN that is based on Pablo S. Gomez's comic of the same name. The series introduced the network's newest discovered child actress Mutya Orquia. The series premiered on January 31, 2011 and ended on May 6, 2011 on ABS-CBN's primetime slot.
Mutya's premiere to the primetime bida of ABS-CBN made a high rating of 30.9% in February 1, 2011 according to KANTAR MEDIA; defeating the rival program Dwarfina of GMA-7. Orquia's portrayal of little mermaid in "Mutya" received acclaim from critics and the show itself garnered high ratings according to KANTAR Media. In addition to this, she was also nominated for Best New Female TV Personality in the 2011 PMPC Star Awards for TV and 2011 Gawad Tangi Awards for Best TV Child Performer.
Mutya (Mutya Orquia), a child mermaid, was the love child of Cordelia (Precious Lara Quigaman), a human, and Prinsipe Irvin (Alfred Vargas), the Prince of the seaworld kingdom. However, their relationship was forbidden as Irvin is set to be married with another royalty mermaid, Nerissa (Niña Jose). Cordelia got pregnant at the time of their relationship, and was forced to give birth to the child. The child was born with an unknown disability, where her legs were attached to each other. Cordelia's mother, Delilah (Sandy Andolong), sees this, was horrified and she decided to abandon the child. She assigned Tonyo (Jayson Gainza) to take away the baby. Tonyo however brought the child back to his home and treated her as their own and named her Mutya. As Mutya grows up, she was protected by her older brother Aries (Jairus Aquino), who has always been there for her. Mutya was still yet to realize that she is a mermaid. With her legs being attached to each other, it was mistaken as a disability although it was actually her mermaid tail slowly forming.
- Mutya Orquia as Mutya/Prinsesa Mutya/Mutya Sardenas - A little girl who was mistaken to have a disability with her feet attached to each other. She is the missing daughter of Haring Irvin and Cordelia.
- Precious Lara Quigaman as Cordelia 'Ella' Sardenas - Mutya's mother who often seeks her long lost daughter whom they believed she was dead. After she went to the doctor and heard that her daughter has a disability, she stopped looking, believing that the doctor tells enough evidence that her daughter is dead or alive.
- Alfred Vargas as Prinsipe/Haring Irvin - The prince of the sea. After his father's death, he was imprisoned by the black mermaids and is hypnotized by Narissa's potions that makes him forget everything. After he realized this, he tried to stop the black mermaids in ruling the entire ocean. He learns that Mutya was his real daughter, not Chabita. The kataw manages to fight the black mermaids. With the help of her daughter's singing, he got the trident from them and rules the ocean.
- Jairus Aquino as Aries - He took care of Mutya as his own. He knows who is her real mother and father are after dreaming it. He manages to keep it a secret because he is afraid to lose her.
- Malou Crisologo as Reyna Octopina - Queen of the Black mermaids, mother of Nerissa and grandmother of Chabita. She had killed many humans, just to find the black pearl.
- Ahron Villena as Zale - Irvin's cousin, who loved Nerissa and betrayed him. He is the real father of Chabita.
- Niña Jose as Prinsesa Nerissa - The princess of the black mermaids. She become a fool because of her love for Irvin, she would do anything for Irvin. She is the mother of Chabita, In the end, she saved Irvin from her mother who tried to kill him,and she slept for a long time but healed by Mutya's voice.
- Gary Lim as Lolo Sheldon - Haring Merrick and Irvin's hand. He always helped Irvin in his problems and help him to remember everything when he had amnesia.
- Sandy Andolong as Madam Delilah Sardenas - Mutya's grandmother who was the one who assigned Tonyo to take the child away. She has a big business and she uses Mutya's singing to have more catches.
- Amy Nobleza as Prinsesa Chabita - The 2nd princess of the black mermaids.
- Jayson Gainza as Tonyo - the one who was assigned to take Mutya away. After the child was sprinkled with water, it immediately made its first cry, encouraging Tonyo to keep it. He is Aries's father and he died when Octopina drowns him.
- Tess Antonio as Ester - Aries's mother. She died when she was left in Octopina's island.
- Ogie Diaz as Rommel
- Piero Vergara as Dennis Sardenas
- Yen Santos as Melinda
- Venus Raj as Mikki
- Cacai Bautista as Lagring
- Michael Conan as Rudy
- Lassy as Mameng
- Paolo Serrano as Walter
- Carlene Aguilar as Undin
- Eda Nolan as Brigit
- Pen Medina as Haring Merrick
- Izzy Canillo as Young Aries
- Carlo Lacana as Young Dennis
- Daisy Reyes as Cecilia Swanson
- April Sun as Sirena
- Justin Gonzales as Sireno
- Schayler Altizo as Jasmin
- Jovic Susim as Igat
- Joe Vargas as Lumot
- Jubail Andres as Eskale
- Allan de Paz as Tatang
- Philip Nolasco as Chito Nolevo