|Founded||29 September 2002|
|Defunct||31 December 2012|
|Service type||Bus services|
MyBus commenced operating the bus services on Jersey in September 2002 after being awarded a seven-year contract with a three-year option taking over the services from JMT, which traded as Jersey Bus. The award of the contract was the subject of a long-running controversy: a commission of enquiry took place in 2005 to establish the circumstances of the award of the contract.
In October 2006 Connex were awarded a contract to operate Jersey's school bus services purchasing 13 new and 17 second-hand buses. In 2008 the States of Jersey took up the three-year extension on the original contract with Connex.
The original fleet comprised 33 short Caetano Slimbus bodied Dennis Dart SLFs. A further 19 Slimbuses were subsequently purchased, though these were to the longer 10 metre chassis. A secondary fleet of 16 Plaxton Pointer bodied Dennis Darts (a mix of ex-JMT vehicles and former mainland examples) was accumulated with nine Plaxton Beaver bodied Mercedes O814s being restricted to school services. The Darts were painted in plain sky blue, the Beavers white.
During April 2010 an Alexander Dennis Enviro400 double deck bus was evaluated on the route between St Helier and Jersey Airport, and during August 2010 an Alexander Dennis Enviro200 was also trialled. Five Enviro200s entered service with MyBus in March 2011 in a new white livery with blue and yellow decals. These were limited to operating on routes 1 and 15 having been granted derogation from Jersey's limitations on oversize vehicles, and were followed in June 2011 by the acquisition of two Enviro400s (one of which was the vehicle demonstrated the previous year), which were restricted to route 15.
Unlike most other Connex subsidiaries, Mybus retained its Connex branding after the group was renamed Veolia Transportation in 2006.
- extract company no RC83614 Connex Jersey Transport Limited Jersey Companies
- Connex: The Early Period of the Local Bus Service States of Jersey 24 June 2003
- Review into bus service contract BBC News 21 December 2003
- Connex faces 186,000 bill demand BBC News 2 August 2005
- Connex expands in Jersey busandcoach.com 11 October 2006
- Second HCT island contract busandcoach.com 27 February 2012
- CT Plus Jersey to operate Jersey's bus services from January 2013 HCT Group 10 July 2012
- Final tender from CT Plus to run Jersey's buses approved BBC News 10 July 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Connex Transport Jersey Ltd.|