MyChildren MyBride is an American Christian metalcore band originating from Madison, Alabama. The group is signed to Solid State Records after being noticed by extensive constant touring, including various dates in European countries.
MyChildren MyBride was founded in 2004 in Madison, Alabama while its members were still enrolled in high school. The group proceeded to promote home recordings every way possible, to gain exposure and a larger fan base. Original musicians were Kyle Ray, Brian Hood, Matt Hasting, Rob Noneman, and Corey Brandon. Over the years, musicians came and went, but the band was determined to find a solid member line-up.
While MyChildren MyBride was on tour as a four-piece with a band called Stars Are Falling, the band found Robert Bloomfield. Directly after, Robert joined MyChildren MyBride as second guitarist. Upon signing a contract to Solid State Records in 2007, Robert asked full-time medical student and drummer of the band Braveheart, Joe Lengson, to join the band to play bass. Towards the culmination of summer 2008, original guitarist, Kyle Ray, was replaced by Daniel Alvarado from the band Here I Come Falling to join, just as they were announcing the band's breakup. Towards the end of 2008, the original drummer, Brian Hood, decided to leave the band to start his own recording studio. He now owns 456 Recordings in Nashville, TN. The band spent a year working on finding another drummer, but they did not find a permanent drummer until the beginning of 2010, when the band found Mathis Arnell of Requiem For Sirens, hailing from Geneva, Switzerland, who they invited to come to the states to play drums for the band.
Their first full length album Unbreakable was released on Solid State Records on February 26, 2008. The album was produced by Joey Sturgis (The Devil Wears Prada) and mixed by Adam Dutkiewicz (Killswitch Engage). Directly after their Solid State debut was released, the band supported Unearth, Bury Your Dead, and As Blood Runs Black on a full East Coast tour.
In October 2008, MyChildren MyBride decided to revolve around their Christian faith, and asked the original guitarist, Kyle Ray, to leave the band, due to his lack of faith.
In December 2008, they went on a tour with Stick To Your Guns, and the next month, the band went on a January and February tour with As I Lay Dying, Protest The Hero, and The Human Abstract.
A video for the song "On Wings of Integrity" was released on February 16, 2010 by the band in conjunction with Mitchell Davis with over 60,000+ hits within 18 hours.
The band has finished recording their new album at Glow in the Dark Studio in Atlanta, Georgia, with the help of Matt Goldman, who has worked with various artists including Underoath, The Chariot, and Copeland. In early 2009, they headlined the Burgers and Bowling tour with The Red Chord, Chelsea Grin, and Those Who Lie Beneath.
In the summer of 2009, the band accomplished the Thrash And Burn Tour alongside DevilDriver, Emmure, Despised Icon, Veil of Maya, For the Fallen Dreams, Oceano, Periphery, and Thy Will Be Done. Later that year, they went on tour with The Acacia Strain and Impending Doom in support of August Burns Red for their album Constellations.
At the end of Spring 2010 they supported Haste the Day on their Attack of the Wolf King tour, which crossed North America. The tour also featured the Texas metalcore/deathcore band Upon a Burning Body of Sumerian Records.
The band is confirmed to directly support deathcore band, Suicide Silence for the month of October during the band's No Time to Bleed tour, which will also feature Molotov Solution, Conducting from the Grave and The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza.
The band began touring with Haste the Day again in February 2011 in support of their Farewell Tour, along with A Plea for Purging and The Chariot. In March 2011, the band toured with The Chariot in Europe.
In April 2011 guitarist Dan Alvarado decided that it was time for him to leave the band. He posted a message as a note on Facebook citing God's leading for him to go a different direction. There are no hard feelings between him and the rest of the band. He was replaced by Hunter Walls.
In June 2011, The band co-headlined with Impending Doom, on the Nocturnal Alliance tour, with This or the Apocalypse, A Bullet for Pretty Boy, and The Crimson Armada.
In September 2011, The band headlined an Australian tour with Sydney band For All Eternity.
In October 2011, Mychildren Mybride entered the studio with Zeuss at Planet Z Recordings in Hadley Massachusetts to record their third Solid State Records release entitled MyChildren MyBride, set to be released on March 13, 2012.
- Matthew Hasting – lead vocals (2004–present)
- Cory Johnson - lead guitar (2013–present) rhythm guitar (2012)
- Robert Bloomfield – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2006-2012), bass (2012)
- Nelson Flores - bass guitar (2012–present)
- Mathis Arnell - drums, percussion (2010–present)
- Former Members
- Joe Lengson – bass guitar, backing vocals (2007–2012)
- Hunter Walls - lead guitar (2011–2013)
- Kyle Ray – lead guitar (2004–2008)
- Corey Brandon - rhythm guitar (2004-2006)
- Daniel Alvarado - lead guitar (2008–2011)
- Rob Noneman – bass guitar (2004–2007)
- Brian Hood – drums (2004–2009)
- Past tour fill-ins
- Cory Johnson (ex- Impending Doom) - rhythm guitar (2012)
- Brett Howell – rhythm guitar (2006), bass(2007)
- Paul Vickery – bass guitar (2007)
- Nicholas Giberson - bass guitar (2007)
- Sonny Tremblay – drums (2009)
- Justin Salinas (ex- The Word Alive) – drums (2009)
- Zack Shell – drums (2009)
- Patrick Snyder - drums (2009-2010; recorded drums for Lost Boy)
- Studio albums
|Title||Label||Date of release|
|Unbreakable||Solid State Records||February 26, 2008|
|Lost Boy||Solid State Records||June 8, 2010|
|MyChildren MyBride||Solid State Records||March 13, 2012|
- Other releases
- Having the Heart for War (self-released — July 4, 2005)
- Appearance on compilations
- Atticus Clothing - Atticus: IV – "The Machinist"
- Tooth & Nail Records - Songs From The Penalty Box Vol. Seven – "On Wings of Integrity"
- "Faithless" by Tooth & Nail Records
- "On Wings of Integrity" by Tooth & Nail Records, Mitchell Davis of livelavalive, and David Brodsky
- "Terra Firma" by Tooth & Nail Records and David Brodsky
- "Crimson Grim" by Tooth & Nail Records
- "King of the Hopeless" by Tooth & Nail Records
- "On Wings of Integrity Part II" by Solid State Records
- "God of Nothing" by Solid State Records
- "MyChildren MyBride does hardcore metal 'the right way'", Daily Times (Maryville, Tennessee), April 4, 2008
- Review at Jesus Freak Hideout, June 2, 2008
- Review at New-noise.net, undated
- Pure Grain Audio, February 22, 2010
- The PRP on MCMB's Lost Boy, February 12, 2010
- "Alternative Press | News | MyChildren MyBride guitarist Daniel Alvarado leaves band". Altpress.com. April 10, 2011. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- 4:00 PM (November 9, 2011). "MyChildren MyBride Announces Self-Titled Album To Be Released In March". Metalunderground.com. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "Bands Announced For 2012 "Fight The Silence" Tour - in Metal News". Metal Underground.com. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- "Scream The Prayer 2012 second leg tour dates | News". Lambgoat. May 18, 2012. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- "T/H/W/D/S/M/N/S/BBY - Regarding my departure from mychildren mybride". Joelengson.tumblr.com. March 27, 2012. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- Atticus IV announced, 2009
- Jesus Freak Hideout Artist Profile, undated