MyPhoneExplorer is a proprietary freeware desktop application allowing management of Sony Ericsson and Android mobile phones. It was developed in Austria and has been translated into many languages, including English. It is available from multiple download sites and has been downloaded over 1.5 million times as of 2007[update]. Softpedia has given it their 100% Free award, while visitors to Softpedia rated MyPhoneExplorer very highly. The Android client has been highly rated as well.
|Stable release||1.8.6 / August 19, 2014|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Applications, Backup software, Personal information manager|
MyPhoneExplorer can connect to a phone using USB cable, Bluetooth or infrared connections. Once connected, address book entries can be synchronised between the phone and MyPhoneExplorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird or Google Mail. Calendar entries can also be synchronised with many systems, including Google Calendar.
As with the PC Suite software which is normally shipped with Sony Ericsson mobiles, files can be dragged and dropped to and from the phone's memory and memory stick. Notably, however, MyPhoneExplorer also allows calls to be managed (i.e. dialled and answered) from within the application, and allows SMS text messages to be saved, read, written, sent, etc. directly from a PC. Moreover, it provides feature of back-up and restore which can back up everything like messages, contacts, calendar entries, and files.
Later versions of the software has support for some Symbian based Sony Erricson phone although some older models are unsupported or require workarounds.
Since version 1.8, MyPhoneExplorer has supported all Android phones running Android 1.6 or higher. To establish a connection with android phones, you have to install "MyPhoneExplorer Client" from Google Play on the phone.
In the past, MyPhoneExplorer was bundled with MixiDj Toolbar, DoNotTrackMe, and RegClean Pro. During installation of MyPhoneExplorer you were given an option to opt out of the bundled applications.
Since March 2015, the software does not come with bundled applications any more.
Text displayed in MyPhoneExplorer (e.g. in column headings, message boxes, etc.) is read up from installed language files (e.g. English.lng), thereby allowing translation to other languages. MyPhoneExplorer comes with instructions on how to create new language files and there are approximately 40 languages for which such language files have been created (as of 14 October 2007).
- "1563405 Downloads". fjsoft.at. 2007-10-14. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- "MyPhoneExplorer rating at Softpedia". Softpedia. 2012-04-07. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "MyPhoneExplorer Android Client". fjsoft.at. 2012-06-09. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "FJ Software – Downloads – MyPhoneExplorer Version 1.6.3". fjsoft.at. 2007-10-14. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- "FJ Software – Forum". fjsoft.at. 2008-01-29. Retrieved 2008-05-13.
- "MyPhoneExplorer Client". 2013-12-26. Retrieved 2015-03-07.
- "FindMySoft Editor's Review of MyPhoneExplorer". FindMySoft. 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "FindMySoft News". FindMySoft. 2015-03-04. Retrieved 2015-03-07.
- MyPhoneExplorer Download Page
- FJ Software Development
- FJ Software Support Forum
- myphoneexplorer.us A USA Malware, Bloatware and Advertisement-Free version
- YouTube introductory video and new developments for MyPhoneExplorer/EccoPro bundle
- Home and support base for EccoPro bundled with MyPhoneExplorer