|Headquarters||Luxembourg and Paris|
|Founder(s)||Virginie Simon, Tristan Davaille|
|Available in||English, French|
MyScienceWork is a professional scientific social network dedicated to open access. It allows scientists, engineers, and students to issue their own professional individual information, like data sheet, profile, CV, and publication list. This search engine and communication plateform provides a large set of suggestions of work teams, conferences, events, news, and also scientific job offers freely available to each user.
MyScienceWork was created in August 2010 by Virginie Simon, cancer technology researcher, and Tristan Davaille, financial engineer. MyScienceWork, online since January 2013, provides more than 2,500 scientific databases and over 27 million metadata and makes more than 1 million PDF articles available online. MyScienceWork is also available in English, German, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
MyScienceWork and open access
MyScienceWork supports the circulation of open-access scientific texts. Its search engine gathers the main open-access databases online, like PubMed, CiteSerr, DOAJ, Research Papers in Economics, ArXiv, HAL, Abes, BioMed Central, CERN, Persee, Revues.org, TEL[disambiguation needed], ORBI, Public Library of Science.
A science popularization website
MyScienceWork provides a popular science media is dedicated to posting news items about multidisciplinary professional research and contains scientific news articles, video abstracts, researchers’ biographies, opinion pieces and dossiers about open access, women in science, doctorate and science 2.0. In 2013, MyScienceWork also issues every Monday a new episode of Knock Knock Doc, the web series dedicated to PhD students.
- An@é, Association Nationale des Acteurs de l'Ecole (30 June 2011). "Build your future with a brand new social network (article in French)". EducaVox.
- Manceau, Céline (4 June 2010). "MyScienceWork: a new research network (article in French)". L'Etudiant.
- Raizer, Thierry (27 May 2013). "CYEL Contest: The finalists (article in French)". PaperJam.
- "Portrait of Virginie Simon (article in French)". Leetchi.com. 14 April 2011.
- "A European network for researchers (article in French)". Le Parisien. 22 November 2010.
- Jung, Marie (30 April 2010). "MyScienceWork: a social network for researchers (article in French)". 01Business.
- Langlais, Pierre-Carl (29 October 2012). "Open Access week: Improve science and make it more available (article in French)". Rue89.
- "Presentation of MyScienceWork (video in French)". PaperJam. 7 December 2012.
- Article (in French) from Le Monde about research networks _ Des « Facebook » pour chercheurs sur Le Monde, 14 Janvier 2012
- Article (in French) from Challenge : six conseils aux étudiants d'universités pour réussir en s'appuyant sur son réseau, 26 mai 2011
- Article (in French) about a revolution in scientific publication
- MyScienceWork on PaperJam TV