MySims Kingdom pal box Art
|Developer(s)||EA Redwood Shores|
|Release date(s)||Wii, DS|
|Distribution||Wii Optical Disc
Nintendo DS Game Card
MySims Kingdom is a video game developed by EA Redwood Shores and published by Electronic Arts as a spinoff to Maxis' The Sims franchise for the Nintendo DS and Wii in 2008. MySims Kingdom is a follow-up to MySims, which it was released in 2007 and it was followed by MySims Party, MySims Racing and MySims Agents.
The Wii version of MySims Kingdom takes a departure from The Sims franchise and begins with a character living in a run-down kingdom with a king desperate to bring happiness back. The kingdom's Wandoliers, wand-equipped Sims that worked to keep the kingdom in order, have disappeared and it's up to the player to become the new Wandolier and restore order. The player's job is to rebuild, or remodel, homes for the characters using scrolls given to them by the islanders, and complete tasks that the islanders assign. Players must collect essences to unlock these scrolls and gain new items from them, and then you collect "mana" used to create furniture and structures and in return are given essences, scrolls, King Points (occasionally) and outfits for their Sim. As the kingdom's happiness increases, new islands are unlocked. To unlock more places, you have to run errands for the new island until you collect enough "King Points". A second set of missions are handed out before you reach the end of the game and achieve your special award.
You can also interact with citizens by doing certain things with them such as having a picnic. You can also customize your character using the outfits you can obtain as a reward for performing certain tasks. Some items in the game are interactive such as televisions, stoves, computers, videogames etc. Unlike other games in The Sims franchise, your Sim does not have needs or wants, although eating and sleep is optional.
In the Nintendo Wii version of MySims Kingdom, the Nunchuk is used for direct movement and the Wii Remote used for object moving and building. You can also use the Wii Remote to go fishing at the fishing spot located around every island. You can shake the Wii Remote to chop down trees or go mining to gain different essences. Occasionally islanders will ask you to explore the Kingdom collecting certain things such as fish, figurines and armor.
Nintendo DS Version
In the Nintendo DS version of MySims Kingdom then you come to an island with a mysterious person making trees and houses vanish. Your job is to stop this man and travel the whole of the Nintendo DS Kingdom to do this. This version of MySims Kingdom includes both characters both from other MySims games and unique to MySims Kingdom.
Characters with descriptions
In addition to some of the Sims from the first game returning, the majority of them are new Sims.
- Capital Island
- King Roland* - the king of the kingdom
- Princess Butter - the princess of the kingdom and Roland's daughter
- Marlon the Wizard* - King Roland's court wizard
- Elmira Clamp - pig-herder
- Lyndsay* - explorer; your best friend
- Buddy - the royal messenger; your best friend
- Barney Cull* - a fisherman and the harbor master; a play on the word barnacle
- You - the Royal Wandolier who sets out to restore the kingdom
- Renée's Nature Preserve
- Renée - A nature preserver
- Mr. Prissykins - Renée's cat
- Momma bear - a bear
- Baby bear - a bear
- Crabs - crabs
- Weird pig - pig (Renée claims she doesn't know this pig)
- Cowboy Junction
- Ginny - the town's sheriff
- Chef Gino - a world-famous pizza chef
- Ol' Gabby* - an old cowboy
- Rusty the Robber* - a troublesome thief
- Roxie Road - Chef Gino's dairy assistant; a play on the ice cream flavor Rocky Road)
- The Forest of the Elves
- Leaf* - a lazy Elf rock star, and the main cause of the island's problems
- Petal* - an Elf who cares much about her job in protecting nature
- Hopper - an insane Sim that wears a frog costume
- Proto-Makoto** - a robot that thinks she's a tree (until you socialize with her)
- Talking unicorn statue - Gives you riddles to solve the island's problems
- Animals: unicorns, frogs, raccoons
- Rocket Reef
- Dr. F - a mad scientist
- Alexa Lexington*** - Dr. F's smart assistant
- Vic Vector - the janitor. He cleans up lab messes and becomes the new test pilot
- Tobor* - a robot who is Dr. F's crash dummy. He wants to run his own diner.
- Goth Boy - a Spooky Sim who finds life pointless
- Yuki - a Goth girl that bites faces and likes Buddy
- Grandma Ruthie - owner of an cute cookie company
- Morcubus - an evil Sim who plans to take over the world; resembles Tim Curry)
- Zombie Carl* - a Zombie who dislikes his swamp
- Trevor Island
- Trevor Verily - an actor
- Gordon and Linda - two Sims who watch the show Trevor is putting on
- DJ Candy - DJ
- Sapphire* and Zack* - stage assistants/roadies
- Duchess Beverly* - the demanding queen of Cutopia
- Lord Daniel* - The son of Duchess Beverly who is best friends with Poppy and in love with Violet
- Violet - Goth girl from Spookane who is in love with Daniel, and is disliked by Beverly)
- Poppy - Violet's sister who loves flowers and anything cute
- Sir Spencer - Beverly's "knight" (who was actually role-playing when Beverly made him a knight). He is obsessed with computer games.
- The Uncharted Isle
- Sir Vincent Skullfinder - an explorer/historian; resembles Vincent Price
- Gonk* - a caveman
- Sylvia* - a cave woman who used to be a civilized human and used to study at the Royal Academy
- The Royal Academy
- Rosalyn P. Marshall - principal
- Travis - a guy who likes the latest cellphones/gadgets
- Chaz McFreely - a student that likes to do extreme sports
- Liberty - a timid and shy girl that likes nature and has a crush on Travis
- Summer - an energetic cheerleader who also has a crush on Travis
- Your Island
- Lyndsay* - explorer
- Buddy - the royal messenger
- You - the Wandolier
- Sims marked with a * are new to the MySims series
- The sim marked with ** is a prototype of MySims' Makoto.
- The sim marked with *** was in the first MySims but only in the PC version.
- Rosalyn P. Marshall is not a mayor, but the school administrator. Ginny is a sheriff, not a pirate. Buddy is no longer a bellhop but King Roland's royal messenger, although he still wears similar clothing. Most of the characters returning from the first MySims game have a new look, with the exception of DJ Candy, Vincent Skullfinder, Trevor, and Dr. F. Grandma Ruthie had a makeover (kind of) and her house is now in Spookane in hopes of boosting cookie sales. Violet has a slightly different appearance, with her hair now up. Poppy's hair is now brown and wears a green dress instead of overalls. Morcubus has a drastically darker appearance, and Goth Boy's skin is paler. Travis, Liberty, and Summer are now wearing school uniforms, while Chaz McFreely has retained his previous appearance of the dim-witted daredevil. Roxie Road not only wears her bee suit, but also wears a milk maid dress with bee stripes at the end of her sleeves and dress, but still keeps the antennae. Vic Vector now wears a janitor outfit, but after building the rocket in Rocket Reef is wearing an astronaut outfit. Elmira is not only a librarian, but also a peasant and supposed "pig farmer" although she keeps the same pencils in her hair. Both Linda and Gordon are wearing different outfits to blend in with the 'atmosphere' of Trevor Island.
New Characters are: Lynsday, Princess Butter, Duchess Beverly, Sapphire, Petal, Sylvia, T.O.B.O.R, Zombie Carl, King Roland, Marlon, Barney, Zack, Gonk, Lord Daniel and Leaf.
The Characters that are returning are: Buddy, Renée, Ginny, Chef Gino, Roxie Road, Hopper, Dr. F, Vic Vector, Goth Boy, Yuki, Grandma Ruthie, Morcubus, Trevor Verily, Linda, Gordon, Violet, Poppy, Sir Spencer, DJ Candy, Sir Vincent Skullfinder, Rosalyn P. Marshall, Chaz McFreely, Liberty, Summer, and Travis.
It was nominated for Best Simulation Game for the Wii by IGN in its 2008 video game awards.
- "IGN Wii: Best Simulation Game 2008, but later lost to Animal Crossing: Wild World". IGN.com. 2008-12-18. Retrieved 2008-12-19.