My Amnesia Girl
|My Amnesia Girl|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Cathy Garcia-Molina|
|Screenplay by||Carmi Raymundo
Juan Miguel Sevilla
|Story by||Jade Castro|
John Lloyd Cruz
|Music by||Francis Concio|
|Edited by||Marya Ignacio|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Running time||110 minutes|
|Box office||P144.82 million|
My Amnesia Girl is a 2010 Filipino romantic film starring John Lloyd Cruz and Toni Gonzaga. It was released by Star Cinema and directed by Cathy Garcia-Molina The film is the highest grossing Filipino film of 2010. It currently holds the title of eleventh highest grossing Filipino film of all time.
When Glen Apolog (John Lloyd Cruz) finds himself surrounded by friends who are beginning to settle down, he is faced with the possibility of finding his true love. It all boils down to one name: Irene. It must be fate then, when he once again sees Irene (Toni Gonzaga), his ex-girlfriend from 3 years ago with whom he had the best memories with. Apollo and Irene were a perfect couple, and were engaged to be married. It all ended at the altar when Apollo had a bout of cold feet and left Irene alone in the aisle.
Now, Irene has no recollection of Apollo, having acquired “amnesia” shortly after their separation. Apollo sees this as the perfect opportunity to pursue Irene again, and be able to undo all the mistakes he made in the past, by offering Irene the best memories she could ever have.
True love is difficult to resist, they learn. Just when they find themselves ready to commit to each other, the pains from the past catch up with them, challenging them to finally own up to the mistakes made and lies said, and eventually realize what it is to forgive and forget.
- Toni Gonzaga as Irene
- John Lloyd Cruz as Apollo/Pol
- Beatriz Saw as Peachy
- Joross Gamboa as Jan
- Carlos Agassi as Ken
- JM De Guzman as Eric
- Ketchup Eusebio as Chibu
- Atoy Co as Tatay Diego
- Diane Medina as Jen
- Nico Antonio as Poch
- Cai Cortez as Maia
With Special Participation
- Angel Locsin as (MMA Fighter)
- Kaye Abad as (Teacher)
- Denise Laurel as (Perfectionist)
- Jodi Sta. Maria as (Flight Attendant)
The film was well received by the critics and became commercially successful. It is considered the highest grossing film of 2010 having a total gross of P164 million pesos nationwide. Cruz and Gonzaga were respectively named as the "Box-Office King and Queen" of 2010, by SM Cinemas.
|2011||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Princess of Philippine Movies||Toni Gonzaga||Won|
- "Director Cathy Garcia-Molina admits she was nervous about Toni Gonzaga-John Lloyd Cruz tandem". push.com.ph. 7 October 2010. Retrieved 7 October 2010.
- "Star Cinema offers another potential blockbuster pairing: John Lloyd Cruz and Toni Gonzaga". PEP.ph. 7 October 2010. Retrieved 7 October 2010.
- My Amnesia Girl highest-grossing local film for 2010, based on data from SM Cinema retrieved on August 18, 2011 via www.pep.ph
- John Lloyd Cruz and Toni Gonzaga to be recognized as SM Cinema Box-Office King and Queen for 2010 retrieved on August 2, 2011 via www.pep.ph
- Toni Gonzaga grateful to be honored as SM Cinema's Box-Office Queen retrieved on August 19, 2011 via www.pep.ph
- John Lloyd Cruz on perhaps getting his fourth Box-Office King title: "Mahirap panindigan." retrieved on November 17, 2010 on www.pep.ph
- "42nd Box-Office Entertainment Awards honors outstanding actors and actresses of 2010". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-21.