My Love, My Life (song)
|"My Love, My Life"|
|Song by ABBA from the album Arrival|
|Released||October 11, 1976|
|Recorded||20 August 1976 at Metronome Studio|
|Arrival track listing|
"My Love, My Life", originally "Monsieur, Monsieur", is a song recorded by ABBA for the Arrival album. It was one of the last songs to be recorded for the album. Agnetha Fältskog sings lead vocals and Björn Ulvaeus proclaimed the song to be the finest example of Agnetha's vocal purity.. A complete demo with the original "Monsieur, Monsieur" lyrics was recorded before this, and remains unreleased.
- Jonathan King, who picked ABBA's singles for Bocu, his associate company in the UK which publishes ABBA, covered it in 1976 when they decided not to release it as a single.
- Singer Elaine Paige performed a reworked version of the song (retitled "Like An Image Passing By") for the English language edition of the stage musical ABBAcadabra. Paige's version was also released as a single.
- Hazell Dean recorded a version for her 1996 ABBA tribute album The Winner Takes It All / Hazell Dean Sings ABBA.
- A cover by New Zealand band Bike was included on the 1995 tribute compilation ABBAsalutely.
- The 2001 Japanese import dance tribute compilation ABBA Ibiza Caliente included a cover by Sabu.
- Scott, Robert (2002) 'ABBA: Thank You for the Music - The Stories Behind Every Song', Carlton Books Limited: Great Britain, p.78