|Slogan||myartspace: your space on the web|
|Type of site||Artist community|
|Registration||free and Premium accounts|
|Created by||Catherine McCormack-Skiba|
Myartspace was a social network for artists created in 2006 and lasting until 2012. In 2008 the site hosted over 500,000 images of contemporary art and contained a large collection of interviews with emerging artists.
Art competitions and exhibits
Myartspace closed down in January 2012 and its address is now redirected to go daddy.com
Myartspace Art Scholarship Program
In 2008 myartspace launched an annual art scholarship competition. The free to enter art competition was open to undergraduate and graduate art students worldwide. The scholarship program focused on art students who exhibit exceptional artistic excellence in their chosen visual art medium. The site provided three scholarship prizes for undergraduate students and three scholarship prizes for graduate students. First place winners in each category are awarded a $5000 cash art scholarship. Second and Third placement receive $2000 and $1000 respectively.
- "6 Virtual Galleries for Artists", Mashable, 31 March 2009. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- Heyboer, Kelly "Artists Online: Talking with Christian Benedetto of myartspace.com" The Star-Ledger, 04 August 2008. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Brudge Art Fair Presents Two Miami Fairs", Re-Title, 24 October 2008. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "MyArtspace announces juried art competition; winning artists represented at Aqua Art Miami show", Myartspace, Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Myartspace Launches Major Art Scholarship Program for Both Graduate and Undergraduate Students", ArtDaily, Retrieved 26 July 2010.