||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (January 2010)|
|Electric motor||168 hp (125 kW)|
|Transmission||Electronic Controlled Single Speed Automatic with differential (forward, reverse, neutral)|
|Battery||9.6 kWh Lead AGM, maintenance free|
|Electric range||112 km (70 mi) at GVW on Flat Roads|
|Curb weight||1,570 lb (710 kg) (without a driver, with batteries)|
Mycar is an electric vehicle originally produced by EuAuto Technology Limited based in Hong Kong. The company had its manufacturing facility in Dongguan, China. It is currently sold in Hong Kong, Britain, France and Austria. The Mycar is classified as a NEV in the United States due to its low top speed.
The car was first conceived by Giorgetto Giugiaro of Italdesign in 2003. The propulsion system was engineered in cooperation with Hong Kong Polytechnic University.   The concept was then developed by EU Auto with the car launched by the NICE Car Company at the 2008 London Motorshow.
In 2010, GreenTech Automotive, Inc. bought EuAuto Technology, Ltd., and announced plans to manufacture and market vehicles in the United States.
- Maximum Gradient: More than 20% at GVW
- Consumption Approx.: 196 Wh/mile
Weights and Dimensions:
- Body and Finish: Painted Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Body Panels
- Steering: Rack-and-Pinion, Adjustable Steering Wheel
- Turning Radius: 3.75 m
- Number of Seats: 2
- Rear Luggage Compartment: 86 litres
- Unladen Weight: 710 kg (without a driver, with batteries)
- Maximum Safe Load: 200 kg
- Total Authorized Laden Weight: 910 kg
- Length: 2,653 mm
- Width: 1,396 mm
- Height: 1,446 mm
- Wheel Base: 1,691 mm
- Track: Front: 1,173 mm - Rear: 1,227
- Ground Clearance: 120 mm
- Type: Lead AGM, maintenance free
- Number of Batteries in pack: 4
- Pack Tension: 48V
- Pack Capacity: 200 Ah
- Power Onboard: 9.6kWh
Onboard Battery Charger:
- Domestic Electric Supply: 190 - 255V AC, 16A
- Charging Power: 2100 W
- Recharge Time: 8 – 10 hours (quick charge: 3 hours)
- Charger: 48V DC
- Battery Self Discharge: 0.83% per week at 20oC
- Motor Type: 48V DC Electric Motor with Separate Excitation
- Maximum Power: 5 kW
- Transmission: Electronic Controlled Single Speed Automatic with differential (forward, reverse, neutral)
- Motor and Batteries Location: Middle of Vehicle
- Type of Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
- Tyres and Wheels: 14” Aluminum Alloy Wheels (165 / 60 R14)
- Auxiliary Equipment: Powered by a 12V 18Ah Lead AGM battery re-charged by a DC/DC Converter
Speed Control: Electronic Controller with Regenerative Brake to increase drive range
Chassis: Steel Tubular Space Frame with Roof Frame
- Type: Independent on All Wheels
- Front: McPherson Type with Coil Springs and Dampers
- Rear: Trailing Arm Type with Coil Springs and Dampers
- Type of braking: Dual Circuit Hydraulic Braking System
- Front: 209 mm diameter brake discs
- Rear: 209 mm diameter brake discs
- Parking Brakes: Mechanical on Rear Axle
The MyCar is a 2 door coupe measuring 2.6 m long, 1.4 m wide and 1.4 m high. The car can accommodate occupants up to 6"5, with a boot front and rear, giving a combined space of 140 litres. The maximum payload is 200 kg.
The car comes in two versions: Standard and Select. Identical in drivetrain, the Select adds leather seats, panoramic glass roof, parking sensors, upgraded radio, larger alloy wheels and body coloured steering mirrors.
EU Auto has publicly announced future plans for a 2+2 model of the MyCar, Lithium Ion powered car and light commercial truck.
The UK was the first market to sell the MyCar, through EV Stores. France followed soon after, with Monaco based Newteon handling distribution. Late in 2009 Meco World was announced as the distributor for Austria. EU Auto announced in October that the car had been approved for use in Hong Kong and that sales were to begin in the home market of the car.
The MyCar is priced in the UK at £10,495 for the Standard model, and £11,945 for the Select. Depending on running electricity tariff, the cost of a full charge is 80p. As with all electric cars, the MyCar is exempt from the London congestion charge, road tax and parking charges in some locations.
Production of the MyCar in the United States was scheduled to begin in the first part of 2011. The base price for the first 100,000 units was announced as $10,000 US.
- "Buzz over first Hong Kong-made electric car". The Standard. 23 October 2009. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- "Electric vehicle 'Mycar' starts journey in Hong Kong". The New Nation. 25 October 2009. Retrieved 7 December 2009.
- "Home-grown electric vehicle mycar makes its first journey in Hong Kong". www.innovations-report.com.
- John Duce (17 May 2010). "GreenTech Buys EuAuto to Build Mycar Model in U.S.". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Robert Lee Long (17 February 2011). "Denmark GreenTech's 1st buyer: First car to roll off assembly line July 4". Desoto Times Tribune.