|Born||April 11, 1978|
|Education||Apparel Design and Merchandising, B.S.|
|Television||Project Runway Season 3 (4th)|
Although Knight spent his childhood in Montgomery, Alabama, in 1996, he received his high school diploma from Washingtonville Senior High School in Washingtonville, New York. Later that same year, Knight began his freshman year of college at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia. In 2001, this university awarded Knight a Bachelor of Science degree in Apparel Design and Merchandising.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Knight broke into the fashion industry in Atlanta, Georgia by working as an intern at Wilbourn Exclusives in 2001 and then by becoming a Fashion Stylist in the music industry in 2002.
In 2005, Knight auditioned for the second season of the Bravo network reality television series, Project Runway, but he was not accepted as a season two contestant. In 2006, Knight reauditioned for Project Runway, and this time he was accepted as a contestant for season three. Knight went on to win season three's Fan Favorite award and to place fourth in the overall competition.
In 2008, Knight launched Kitty & Dick, his female and male lingerie label, and his unisex fragrance, MajK.
On August 20, 2009, the Project Runway: All Star Challenge aired on Lifetime Television. Knight joined Daniel Vosovic and Santino Rice of season two, Jeffrey Sebelia and Uli Herzner of season three, Chris March and Sweet P of season four, and Korto Momolu of season five in a special, "one-shot" competition where the winner, Daniel Vosovic, received $100,000.
- 'Mychael Knight, Designer' savannahnow.com. (2009) Accessed 2010-03-16.
-  mychaelknight.com. Accessed 2010-03-16.
- 'Washingtonville High School' (2003-2010) publicschoolreview.com. Accessed 2010-03-16.
- 'Mychael Knight Inspires SCAD Fashion Students with Life Lessons', by Tina A. Brown savannahnow.com. (May 15, 2009) Accessed 2010-03-16.
- Designer Profile - Mychael Knight, The MajK Man, by Laura Hagler (February 4, 2010). Examiner.com. Accessed 2010-03-16.
- 'Project Runway: Where are They Now?', by Serena Kappes and Brian Orloff (July 16, 2008) people.com. Accessed 2010-03-16.
- 'Michael Knight Reveals New Collection on BET's "Rip The Runway' cocoalounge.blogspot.com. (March 9, 2007) Accessed 2010-03-16.
- 'Kitty & Dick Lingerie Debuts', by Nedra Rhone ajc.com. (January 10, 2008) Accessed 2010-03-16.
- 'Atlantan Mychael Knight joining “Project Runway: All Star Challenge” August 20', by Rodney Ho blogs.ajc.com. (July 22, 2009) Accessed 2010-03-16.
- Mychael Knight, The MajK Man, by Nedra Rhone. examiner.com (February 4, 2010) Accessed 2010-03-16.
- Introducing the Season 3 Cast!