|Directed by||Prabu Solomon|
|Produced by||John Max|
|Written by||Prabu Solomon|
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Edited by||L V K Doss|
|Distributed by||Red Giant Movies
|Running time||146 minutes|
Mynaa (Tamil: மைனா; 'Myna; Telugu: Prema Khaidhi') is a 2010 Indian Tamil romantic drama film directed and written by Prabu Solomon. Jointly distributed by Udhayanidhi Stalin and Kalpathi S. Aghoram, it stars Vidharth and Amala Paul in the lead roles. Featuring an acclaimed soundtrack by D. Imman, the film, which garnered much anticipation prior to release, released on 5 November 2010, coinciding with the Diwali festival, receiving critical acclaim and going on to win the Best Film Award at the 58th Filmfare Awards South. Actor Thambi Ramaiah went on to win the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2011. The film was dubbed in Telugu as Prema Khaidhi.it was remade into kannada as Shyloo in 2011. The film is being remade in Hindi cinema by Prabhu Solomon, produced by Fox Star Studios Mynaa became a major success among 2010 Deepavali releases and was released along with Uthamaputhiran. A Bengali remake of this movie named PoraMon starring Symon, Mahiya Mahi And Anisur Rahman Milon was released on 14 June 2013.
The film starts with an imprisoned Suruli (Vidharth) recalling his love for Mynaa (Amala Paul) since childhood that becomes more intense as they grow. Though Mynaa's mother assures Suruli of getting them married, she changes her mind and arranges for Mynaa to marry a man working in Dubai. Infuriated, Suruli threatens to kill her. He is arrested by the police and given a 15-day prison sentence. Mynaa's mother arranges the marriage a day before his release and Suruli escapes from prison. As the police officer Bhaskar (Sethu) and a constable Ramaiah (Thambi Ramaiah) handcuff Suruli, Mynaa too goes along with him as they decide to get married after he is released from prison.
On their way, they encounter adventures that include an elephant chasing them and losing their way thereby reaching Kerala. From there, their journey continues, with Bhaskar becoming infuriated with Suruli as he is not able to celebrate his 'Thala' Deepavali with his family, busy running behind Suruli. A parallel story reveals Bhaskar's annoyed wife Sudha and her brothers troubling Bhaskar to come to their hometown to celebrate Diwali. However, Bhaskar soon develops a soft corner for Suruli as he saves him from a freak bus accident. The four go back together to their hometown. Bhaskar assures to get them married after Suruli is released and Ramaiah asks Mynaa to stay in his house for shelter.
However, Bhaskar instead asks Ramaiah to let Mynaa stay in his house, where his furious wife, still waiting for him, falsely accuses him of having an affair with Mynaa and storms out of the house. Sudha's brothers arrive at Sudha's house and kill Mynaa, who they find responsible for the trouble, and throw her body on a railway track. Upon witnessing this Suruli jumps in front of another train. This incident results in a major reaction by Bhaskar, who kills his wife and her brothers and goes to jail.
- Vidharth as Suruli
- Amala Paul as Mynaa
- Sethu as Bhaskar
- Thambi Ramaiah as Ramaiah
- Suzane George as Sudha Bhaskar
- Sevvalai as Mayi
- Manroadu Manickam as Karthik
|Soundtrack album by D. Imman|
|Released||23 September 2010|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and soundtrack for Mynaa was composed by D. Imman. The album consists of 5 tracks, featuring lyrics penned by Yugabharathi and Eknaath. The songs, especially the title track, had become very popular, while the album was widely considered Imman's finest work yet.
|2.||"Kichu Kichu Thambalam"||Yugabharathi||Baby Harini, Sriranjani, S. Srimathi, G. Aathireya, Lakshman Aravind, Solar Sai||04:16|
|3.||"Neeyum Naanum"||Eknaath||Benny Dayal, Shreya Ghoshal||04:57|
|4.||"Jingu Chikka"||Yugabharathi||Solar Sai, Kalpana||03:55|
|5.||"Kaiya Pudi"||Yugabharathi||Naresh Iyer, Sadhana Sargam||04:03|
- "The new darlings of Kollywood". Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- IndiaGlitz – More praise on ‘Mynaa’ – Tamil Movie News
- "I found my true self with Mynaa: Imman". The Times of India. 18 October 2010.
- "Mynaa comes in for praise, again!". The Times of India. 11 October 2010.
- Prabhu Solomon – Tamil Movie News – Highly expected movie for Diwali! – Prabhu Solomon | Mynaa | Udhayanidhi Stalin | Red Giant Movies – Behindwoods.com
- "Myna Movie Review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Mynaa: A breath of fresh air". Rediff. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Mynaa Tamil Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. 5 November 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Mynaa to speak in Hindi". Supergoodmovies.com. 9 May 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- Karthik (25 September 2010). "Mynaa (Music review), Tamil – D.Imman by Milliblog!". Itwofs.com. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "58th National Film Awards for 2010 announced". dff.nic.in. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "Nominees of Idea Filmfare Awards South". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "DHANUSH RECEIVES IT ON BEHALF OF RAJINI". Behindwoods. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- "Simbu, Trisha & Enthiran win Awards". Southdreamz.com. 14 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-19.