|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
Blackened death metal
|Associated acts||Zyklon, Morbid Angel, Odium|
Their music consists of thunderous high speed double-bass with rapid blastbeats and fills. Guitars are made up of harmonic tremolo picking and sometimes powerchords with fast solos composed by Destructhor who, along with Secthdamon, were members in Zyklon. Their debut album Deathmachine is a hybrid of black metal and death metal, combining attributes of both genres. Their second album Superior Massacre is much more death metal-oriented with more prominent bass-lines and less tremolo picked riffs.
The name 'Myrkskog' is a translation of the Norwegian word for 'Mirkwood'. Since leaving Myrkskog, Savant M (going under the moniker Drakul Azacain) formed the black metal band Disiplin, who have released two albums, and was briefly a member of Dissection. Destructhor joined Morbid Angel in 2008.
The current line-up is guitarist/vocalist Destructhor, guitarist/backing vocalist Secthdamon, bassist Demariel (or Gortheon) and drummer Dominator. Secthdamon changed from drums to guitar in 2013. Myrkskog has released two full-Length albums through the UK's Candlelight Records. Their second studio album, Superior Massacre, also contains material by the Norwegian experimental duo Epilektrician, used as intro and outro.
- Destructhor - Vocals and guitar (also in Morbid Angel, Zyklon and 1349)
- Secthdamon - Guitar and backing vocals (also in Zyklon, 1349 and Emperor)
- Demariel - Bass
- Dominator - Drums (also in Dark Funeral)
- Bjørn Thomas - drums
- Lars Petter - drums
- Anders Eek - drums
- Master V - vocals / bass guitar on Deathmachine
- Savant M - guitars on Deathmachine
- Ode til Norge - 1995 (demo)
- Apocalyptic Psychotica - The Murder Tape - 1998 (demo)
- Deathmachine - 2000 (Candlelight Records)
- Superior Massacre - 2002 (Candlelight Records)
|This article about a Norwegian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|