|Original author(s)||James Coyle|
|Preview release||1.10 Alpha 49 / June 29 2014|
|Operating system||DOS, Windows, OS/2, OS X, Linux|
|Platform||IA_32, x86-64, ARM|
|License||Proprietary freeware GPLv3|
Mystic BBS is a bulletin board system software program started in 1994. Mystic is the first DOS-based BBS software program to support a native telnet server. It has since been ported to Microsoft Windows, OS/2, OS X, and Linux.
Some of the more notable features of Mystic BBS include:
- Integrated Telnet, FTP, POP3, SMTP, NNTP, BINKP servers
- Full 5D compliant BSO mailer and tosser, including BINKP and FTP mailer
- Offers built in AreaFix and FileFix functionality
- Integrated QWK and QWKE networking via FTP
- Proprietary scripting language called Mystic Programming Language (MPL).
- Dynamic menus including menu editor, and fully customizable prompts.
- Multiple user-selectable themes.
- DOOR32 support (James Coyle was one of the original authors of DOOR32) in addition to various DOS-type door formats.
- Automatic random ANSI display (i.e. ansi.ans, ansi.an1, ansi.an2, etc. would display randomly).
- A fully featured ACS (access control system) and MCI display codes
- Highly integrated with ANSI graphics including full screen editor, lightbar menus, lightbar file listings and message reading.
- Advanced, feature-rich JAM and Squish message base system with QWK/QWKE offline mail.
- Multiple platform distributions available including Windows, OS X, Linux and Raspberry Pi (ARM Linux)
For more features see http://www.mysticbbs.com/features.html
Attracted to the flexibility and potential that the scripting language provides, a number groups, such as ACiDic BBS modding, Cyberia, Demonic, DoRE, Vanguard, wOE!mODDING and Wicked formed for the sole purpose of writing BBS mods for SysOps who run Mystic.
- Mystic BBS SourceForge project page
- Mystic BBS website
- Interview with author, g00r00 (reprint from wOEzine, December 1998)
BBS That Run Mystic
- Agency BBS (New Zealand BBS, run by Avon since '13)
- Black Thursday BBS (Run by skatter since the late '90s)
- Clutch BBS (Originally launched in `95)
- Cyberia BBS telnet to cyberia.darktech.org
- Distortion BBS
- flupH BBS Survnet *Survival & Self reliance Hq* Blocktronic member board
- Misery BBS (run by netsurge - home of the mystic bbs php library
- Mythology BBS Originally launched in '94
- Necronomicon BBS (Originally started on Amiga CNet.)
- Never Never Land BBS (419 area code oldest bbs since '89)
- Piranha BBS (<ACiD> board run by caphood since 1995)
- X-TReMe BBS (Located in Belgium, startup on 2010)
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|