On June 29, 2005 the group was targeted together with several other groups in "Operation Site Down" conducted by the FBI. Myth made no further releases following this raid, and in October 2005 they released an NFO declaring that the group would enter hibernation.
Steam held available a cracked version of Max Payne 2 where the game had an no-cd crack applied, this was on-sale until the 13th May 2010 where they rolled back to an older update. However, the Myth logo is still present in the file called testapp.exe.
- "Paradigm 1996-2000 (rip games)". Retrieved 2009-11-08. "2000 . Paradigm team up with former rivals Origin and create Myth"
- "DOJ: 'Operation Site Down' Attacks Organized Piracy Networks In 10 Countries". Retrieved 2009-11-08.
- Mike Fahey (2010-05-12). "Is That A Cracked Version Of Max Payne 2 On Steam?". Kotaku. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- enigmax (2010-05-12). "Did Rockstar Use Pirate Game Code For Steam Max Payne 2?". TorrentFreak. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- Kieron Gillen (2010-05-12). "Max Embarassment: Max Payne 2 Steam". Retrieved 2010-05-14.
- Burgess, Rick (2010-05-14). "Cracked Max Payne 2 distributed through Steam". TechSpot. Retrieved 2010-10-30.