N. K. Mahajan
N. K. Mahajan is an Indian nonagenarian adventure sportsman. In 2008 became India's oldest parasailor at the age of 88. He had set this record twice before in 2003 and 2007. He is also called as Abasaheb. A veteran trekker, he has an entry in the Limca book of records for crossing the valley between the Duke's Nose and the Duchess Pinnacle in five minutes by using rock climbing techniques. The length crossed is approximately 46 m and depth 152 m. On 15 July 2012 he appeared on the TV reality show Satyamev Jayate.
Mahajan was schooled at Pune's New English School, Ramanbaug. He secured the Secondary Teacher Certificate while working for Dr. E. N. Nagarwala school. He retired as principal of the school. He has been president of Maharashtra Hockey Association. The Pune City Scouts and Guides Association describes him as a distinguished scout.
Mahajan is a vegetarian. His diet includes varan bhaat, pithla bhakri, green vegetables, fruits, milk and lemon juice. He trains by walking 10 km every day which he does at a speed of about 6 km/hr.
- Mishra, Garima (2011-02-18). "At 91, his love of great outdoors remains undimmed". The Indian Express (New Delhi: The Indian Express Limited). Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- Chaudhari, Nupur (2010-08-02). "Sailing high". The Indian Express (New Delhi: The Indian Express Limited). Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Lord of the hills: 91, and raring to go". Pune: Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- Roy, Kasturi (2012-07-16). "Nonagenarian trekker inspires many on Satyamev Jayate". The Indian Express (New Delhi: The Indian Express Limited). Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Distinguished Scouts & Guides". punescoutsandguides.org. Pune: Pune City Scouts and Guides Association. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
|This biographical article related to Indian sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|