||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2014)|
|Born||Norman Stephan Kinsella
Born in Prairieville, Louisiana, he attended Louisiana State University where he earned Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Science (MS) degrees in electrical engineering, and a Juris Doctor (JD) from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center. He also obtained an LL.M. at the University of London.
Kinsella was general counsel of Applied Optoelectronics, Inc., of Sugar Land, Texas from 2000 to 2012 and is currently in private practice in Houston, Texas. He was formerly an adjunct scholar of the Mises Institute where he was Book Review Editor for the Journal of Libertarian Studies and a faculty member of the Mises Academy. Kinsella also founded the Center for the Study of Innovative Freedom (C4SIF) of which he currently is the Director.
- Protecting Foreign Investment Under International Law: Legal Aspects of Political Risk. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Oceana Publications. 1997. ISBN 978-0-379213-71-3. (with Paul E. Comeaux)
- Online Contract Formation. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Oceana Publications. 2004. ISBN 978-0-379215-19-9. OCLC 56476041 and 744522102. (with Andrew F. Simpson)
- International Investment, Political Risk, and Dispute Resolution: A Practitioner's Guide. Oceana Publications. 2005. ISBN 978-0-379215-22-9. OCLC 846016193 (with Noah Rubins)
- Against Intellectual Property. Ludwig von Mises Institute. 2008. ISBN 978-1-933550-32-9.
- Trademark practice and Forms. New York, NY: Oceana Publications. 2003. ISBN 978-0-379012-69-9. OCLC 772536840 and 636178826. (with Teresa C. Tucker, co-editor)
- Symposium: "Do patents and copyrights undermine private property?" by Ilana Mercer, Stephan Kinsella, and James DeLong (Insight on the News, 21 May 2001)
- Against Intellectual Property (Journal of Libertarian Studies, Spring 2001) [Volume 15, no. 2, p. 1–53]
- KinsellaLaw, Kinsella's legal website
- StephanKinsella.com, Kinsella's libertarian website
- Archive of Kinsella commentary from LewRockwell.com