NAIT LRT Station
NAIT Station is a future LRT station on the Metro Line in Edmonton, Alberta. The station will be temporarily located north of Princess Elizabeth Avenue, on the south side of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology's swimming pool and hockey arena wing, before a permanent station is ultimately built after a long-term comprehensive land use plan of the Edmonton City Centre Airport lands are finalized. NAIT Station will be the northern terminus of the Metro Line.
NAIT Station is an at-grade station with a centre platform. Unlike the other LRT stations in Edmonton, the platform at NAIT Station will only accommodate three-car trains. This is because it is a temporary station.
Around the station
- Alberta Aviation Museum
- Edmonton City Centre Airport
- Kingsway Mall
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Spruce Avenue
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-10-26. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "North LRT Fact Sheet" (PDF). City of Edmonton. February 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 1, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "North LRT Stations". City of Edmonton. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "North LRT to NAIT". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 6, 2010.
- "Metro Line Delay FAQ" (PDF). City of Edmonton. October 8, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.