|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007)|
Events and conferences
|Mr. R Chandrasekaran,Chairman
R. Chandrasekhar, President
|Slogan||Transform Business, Transform India|
|Mission||Sustainable industry growth
Harness technology to benefit society
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
NASSCOM is a global trade body with over 1500 members, of which over 250 are companies from the United States, UK, EU, Japan and China. NASSCOM's member companies are in the business of software development, software services, software products, IT-enabled/BPO services and e-commerce.
NASSCOM facilitates business and trade in software and services and encourages the advancement of research in software technology. It is registered under the Indian Societies Act, 1860.
NASSCOM is headquartered in New Delhi, India, with regional offices in the cities of Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune, and Kolkata.
NASSCOM organises the India Leadership Forum. It gives a platform to the developing companies to network and present their product.Some of the notable events like :
- NASSCOM Product Conclave
- Developer Roadshow
- Engineering Summits
- Developer Conferences
|This section may have been copied and pasted from http://itandsoft.blogspot.dk/2008/03/nasscom.html ( · ), possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. Please remedy this by editing this article to remove any non-free copyrighted content and attributing free content correctly, or flagging the content for deletion. Please be sure that the source of the copyright violation is not itself a Wikipedia mirror. (November 2013)|
NASSCOM's members are primarily companies run by Indian nationals in the business of software development, software services, and IT-enabled/BPO services. NASSCOM has played a role in ensuring quality of service, and the enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in the Indian software and BPO industry. As of June 2007, more than 1,110 information technology companies in India were members of NASSCOM. Membership includes domestic software / ITES companies as well as multinationals operating in India. NASSCOM has a Mentorship Programme for the mid sized companies. This is a six-month engagement, which will help the organisation to develop a better assessment of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Insights on industry trends
- Access to NASSCOM research and intelligence that tracks industry trends, growth opportunities and best practices.
- Access to industry presentations, blogs, discussions and articles.
- An opportunity to engage with the NASSCOM research team and share case studies or transformational stories.
- Opportunities to enhance visibility
- Visibility through features and interviews on the NASSCOM website, as well as the monthly newsletter, NASSCOM Newsline.
- Speak, sponsor or participant opportunities at NASSCOM events.
- Chance to contribute to blogs and newsletters as thought leaders.
- Brand building through NASSCOM awards and recognitions.
- Opportunity to network, build and share best practices
- Chance to use the member database on NASSCOM's website to post a trade lead, or participate in one.
- Chance to share or learn best practices through city-level networking sessions on human capital development, data security, contract management, quality, diversity and more.
- Global trade development
- Members can participate in opportunities for global networking and build business at NASSCOM's global events, and through delegations and road shows.
- Network with companies in other countries through their delegations to India.
- Receive information regularly about policy updates in countries.
- Understand issues related to visas, immigration through NASSCOM's mobility best practices sessions.
- Learn about trends and opportunities in markets through country reports.
Employees and members of executive council of NASSCOM include:
- R. Chandrasekaran - Chairman of NASSCOM for 2013-2014
- Ramakrishnan Chandrasekaran - Vice Chairman of NASSCOM for 2013-2014
- R. Chandrasekhar - President of NASSCOM from 2013 - Present