NBA Live 09
|NBA Live 09|
|Developer(s)||Electronic Arts Canada - PS3 / XBox 360, HB Studios - Wii / PSP / PS2|
|Series||NBA Live series|
|Media/distribution||DVD, Blu-ray Disc, Wii Optical Disc, UMD|
NBA Live 09 is the 2008 installment in the NBA Live series, developed and published by Electronic Arts. The original release date was October 7, 2008. The game features Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs on the cover in most markets (this is Parker's second appearance on the cover, Parker also appeared on the French version of NBA Live 07. The Wii version of the game, developed by HB Studios, is titled NBA Live 09 All-Play and launched under EA Sports' new All-Play brand exclusive to the platform. This was the last NBA Live game released for the PlayStation 2 and the Wii.
While Parker appears on the cover in the US and most international markets, some international versions feature players from those areas:
- UK/Ireland: Luol Deng
- Italy: Andrea Bargnani (also appeared on the Italian cover of NBA Live 08)
- Spain: Pau Gasol (has appeared on the Spanish cover of all versions since NBA Live 06)
Added Features 
Dynamic DNA 
Dynamic DNA is a new feature in NBA LIVE 09 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 2, though it is not available for the PlayStation Portable. It breaks down how a team scores, sets up offense and how individual players go about on offense. It also updates players accessories, haircuts, facial hair changes and shoes. It is updated daily through NBA Live 365. It has been claimed that this new feature adds a more realistic feel to the gameplay was featured PC TNT.
NBA LIVE 365 
NBA Live 365 is an addition to the NBA Live franchise. An update is downloadable every three or four months, updating player trades/injured players, and is not updating rosters for the 2009-2010 season.
Live Rewind 
The gamer can replay previous games with the updated statistical data that recreates identical conditions including injuries, hot/cold streaks, tendencies and player DNA. If the game player does not have internet the gamer can still play games from the playoffs of the 2007-2008 season.
Pick-and-Roll Control 
This new two-man game mechanic lets you control both the ball handler and the screener, as you set screens and run two man plays, with on court instructions popping up to guide you through each play.
5-on-5 Online Play 
Up to 5 players on each team for each starting position are user controlled. Club play allows your set team to play against other teams in a league type game as you gain rankings and move up divisions for each win. It is also possible to play on team play without a club.
Quickstrike Anklebreakers 
A defender can be forced to step up and guess what the player will do next. Players can trigger the turbo button and use the right analog stick for ball-handling moves to fake out their defenders and create scoring opportunities.
Lockdown Defense 
This feature allows a player to stay with his opponent the whole way and cause a turnover or bad shot.
Signature Play Calling 
An in-game play calling system has been introduced. Linked to LIVE 365, this feature will suggest authentic plays for NBA's stars to run on the court. The gamer can bring up plays by pressing a button and tendencies of the player successfully completing that move will be displayed. The players who will be shown on the play calling menu can be changed by changing it in the options menu e.g. if the gamer has Ben Wallace doing a post-up move, it can be changed to LeBron James doing an off-the-ball screen.
- Janelle Monae- Violet Stars Happy Hunting
- Teddybears - Next to You
- Kid Cudi- Day 'n' Nite
- Damian Marley - The Mission
- Young Dre The Truth feat. Good Charlotte - Save the Music
- Ladytron feat. Werdplay & Various - Ghost (Blestenation Remix)
- Busta Rhymes - Don't Touch Me
- Beck - Walls
- Elephant Man feat. Rihanna - Throw Your Hands Up
- Public Enemy vs. Benny Benassi - Bring the Noise (Remix)
- Madcon - Beggin
- Flipsyde - Champion
- N.E.R.D - Spaz
- Enur feat. Natasja - Calabria 2008
- The Whip - Blackout
- Young MC - Bust a Move (Don Rimini Ravekid Remix)
- Chromeo-Tenderoni (MSTRKRFT Remix)
Expanded FIBA teams 
There are now 24 FIBA teams compared to NBA Live 08, which only had 8. An international tournament using authentic FIBA rosters and teams is available.
Teams are listed in alphabetical order.
|Australia||Turkey national basketball team|
|Official Xbox Magazine||8.0/10|
Critics praised the new pick & roll system, though the new feature, "Dynamic DNA", was called "not deep enough". GameSpot nominated it for the dubious award of Least Improved Sequel in its 2008 video game awards. However, the Wii version received mediocre score from critics.
- "GameRankings: NBA Live 09". Game Rankings. Archived from the original on 2011-02-13. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- "MetaCritic: NBA Live 09". Metacritic. Archived from the original on 2011-02-13. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- 1Up Review Archived 13 February 2011 at WebCite
- IGN Review Archived 13 February 2011 at WebCite
- OXM: NBA Live 09 Review Archived 13 February 2011 at WebCite
- Team Xbox Review Archived 13 February 2011 at WebCite
- X-Play Review Archived 13 February 2011 at WebCite
- NBA Live 09 Review for Xbox 360 - GameSpot Archived 13 February 2011 at WebCite
- NBA Live 09 Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN Archived 13 February 2011 at WebCite
- "Least Improved Sequel". GameSpot.com. Archived from the original on 2011-02-13. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- IGN: NBA Live 09 All-Play Archived 13 February 2011 at WebCite