NBA Live 97
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|NBA Live 97|
|Developer(s)||MS-DOS: EA Sports
PlayStation: EA Canada
Saturn: Realtime Associates
|Publisher(s)||Electronic Arts, THQ|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (Head to Head or Cooperative)|
NBA Live 97 is the third installment of the NBA Live video games series. The cover features Mitch Richmond of the Sacramento Kings. The game was developed by EA Sports and released on November 1, 1996. The MS-DOS, Saturn and PlayStation versions featured 3D models for the on-court players, a first for the series. It was also the first NBA Live released for the Sega Saturn. NBA Live 97 is followed by NBA Live 98.
Official Features List
- New texture-mapped polygon players.
- New "Player Card" portraits and Cool Facts.
- Individual team uniforms and player heads.
- 3D rendered Virtual Stadium home arenas for all 29 teams.
- New Motion Capture technology.
- Reverse layups 'n' dunks, jump hooks and finger rolls.
- Plus crossover dribbles, alley-oops, tip slams and behind-the-back passes.
Real NBA Basketball
- Over 60 offensive and 10 defensive sets.
- All 29 NBA teams plus 2 NBA All-Star and 4 Custom teams.
- 1996-97 updated rosters.
- Animated play diagrams.
- On-the-fly playcalling.
- NBA PA announcer.
- Music, Sound and Video.
- Exhibition, Playoffs and full 1996-97 NBA schedule Season play.
- Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley appeared as "Roster Players" as they could not be included due to licensing issues.
- Live 97 was the first game to feature a 15 player roster. The PC version also featured 100 Create-a-Player slots.
- Expanding upon the trivia included in Live 96, Live 97 featured audio "Cool Facts" for prominent NBA players.
- On the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis versions of the game, simply spelling the last name and first name of the desired legend would automatically generate the desired player in the create a player mode, including their correct stats.