NBA Live 97
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|NBA Live '97|
|Developer(s)||PC: EA Sports
PlayStation: EA Canada
SNES/Sega Genesis: NuFX
Sega Saturn: Realtime Associates
|Publisher(s)||Electronic Arts, THQ|
|Series||NBA Live series|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (Head to Head or Cooperative)|
NBA Live 97 is the third installment of the NBA Live video games series. The cover features Mitch Richmond of the Sacramento Kings. The game was developed by EA Sports and released on November 1, 1996. The PC, Saturn and PlayStation versions featured 3D models for the on-court players, a first for the series. It was also the first NBA Live released for Sega Saturn.
Official Features List 
- New texture-mapped polygon players.
- New "Player Card" portraits and Cool Facts.
- Individual team uniforms and player heads.
- 3D rendered Virtual Stadium home arenas for all 29 teams.
- New Motion Capture technology.
- Reverse layups 'n' dunks, jump hooks and finger rolls.
- Plus crossover dribbles, alley-oops, tip slams and behind-the-back passes.
Real NBA Basketball
- Over 60 offensive and 10 defensive sets.
- All 29 NBA teams plus 2 NBA All-Star and 4 Custom teams.
- 1996-97 updated rosters.
- Animated play diagrams.
- On-the-fly playcalling.
- NBA PA announcer.
- Music, Sound and Video.
- Exhibition, Playoffs and full 1996-97 NBA schedule Season play.
NBA Live has SHAQ!
- Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley appeared as "Roster Players" as they could not be included due to licensing issues. Although, Shaquille O'Neal makes his first official appearance.
- Live 97 was the first game to feature a 15 player roster. The PC version also featured 100 Create-a-Player slots.
- Expanding upon the trivia included in Live 96, Live 97 featured audio "Cool Facts" for prominent NBA players.
|This article about a basketball video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|