|Type||Saturday morning pre-school block|
|Owner||PBS Kids Sprout
Children's Network, LLC (Sesame Workshop, Apax Partners, PBS, NBCUniversal)
|Launch date||July 7, 2012|
NBC Kids is a Saturday morning pre-school television programming block which was launched on July 7, 2012. The block is programmed by the PBS Kids Sprout cable network, and broadcast on NBC. It is also broadcast in Spanish on Telemundo, under the brand MiTelemundo.[not in citation given]
The three-hour block features educational series for younger children, meeting the FCC's E/I guidelines and are listed as such. Programs broadcast by the NBC Kids block include The Chica Show, Make Way for Noddy, Jim Henson's Pajanimals, Tree Fu Tom, LazyTown, and Justin Time.
Programs broadcast under MiTelemundo include Spanish-dubbed episodes of Barney and Friends, Play with Me Sesame, Raggs, and Super Why! along with the Spanish versions of LazyTown, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, Fireman Sam, and Noodle and Doodle. It is the second Saturday morning block to air HD programming.
- "NBC Will Launch NBC Kids, a New Saturday Morning Preschool Block Programmed by Sprout®, Saturday, July 7". MarketWatch. March 28, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Weisman, Jon (March 28, 2012). "NBC to launch Saturday kids block". Variety. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Rubino, Lindsay (March 28, 2012). "NBC, With Assist From Sprout, to Launch Saturday Morning Preschool Block". MultiChannel News. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 28, 2012). "NBC Launches Preschool Saturday Block Programmed By Sprout". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "FCC Form 398 "KidVid" Children's Television Programming Report, 2nd Quarter of 2013 for WTVA, Tupelo, Mississippi". WTVA, the NBC affiliate in Tupelo, Mississippi. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 7 September 2013.