|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (October 2011)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 to 120 minutes|
|Original channel||NBC Sports Network|
|Picture format||480p (SDTV),
|Original run||September 8, 2011– February 1, 2013|
NBC SportsTalk is a daily sports talk show on NBC Sports Network named after the various talk sites on the NBCSports.com. The show is the flagship show for the network since the name change to NBC Sports Network on January 2. The show launched on September 8, 2011
NBC SportsTalk launched before the NFL kickoff special in 2011. The show competes directly with the 6 p.m. edition of ESPN's SportsCenter. Russ Thaler has anchored every edition of the show since its premiere. Repeats can be seen later at night after the channel's coverage of hockey or other sports.
From January 30 − February 3, 2012 the show aired live episodes from Indianapolis, the site of Super Bowl XLVI.
On May 18, Erik Kuselias became the primary host of NBC SportsTalk.
The show is presumed cancelled as an episode has not aired since February 1st and its slot has been replaced by The Crossover.
Hosts, contributors and guests
- Ben Maller (Radio Host)
- Russ Thaler (Host)
- Rob Simmeljkaer (Host)
- Erik Kuselias (Host)
- Peter King (Football Insider)
- Mike Florio (Football Insider)
- Bob Glauber (New York Sports Insider)
- Tom E. Curran (Boston Sports Insider)
- Bob Costas (Sports Analyst)
- Rodney Harrison (Football Analyst)
- Brian Engblom (Hockey Analyst)
- Keith Jones (Hockey Analyst)
- Adrian Dater (Hockey Insider)
- Jeremy Roenick (Hockey Analyst)
- Pierre McGuire (Hockey Analyst)
- Amani Toomer (Football Analyst)
- Keith Bulluck (Football Analyst)
- Pete Najarian (Football Analyst)
- Ross Tucker (Football Analyst)
- Seth Everett (Baseball Analyst)
- Shaun King (Football Analyst)
- Adrian Wojnarowski (Basketball Insider)
- Bobby Gonzalez (College Basketball Analyst)
- Vin Parise (College Basketball Analyst)
- Amy K. Nelson (Baseball Analyst)
- Arlo White (Soccer Analyst)
- Tom Brennan (College Basketball Analyst)
- Chris Mannix (Basketball/Boxing Insider)
Many athletes, coaches and managers have also been on the show including: Tony Romo, Kevin Love, Dan Wheldon (days before his death), Torrey Smith, Scott Fujita, Maurice Jones-Drew, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Matt Barkley, Reggie Bush, Matt Stafford, Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Larry Fitzgerald, Victor Cruz, Joe Montana, Misty May-Treanor, Brandon Jacobs, Carl Banks, Michael Phelps, Kyrie Irving, Tyler Zeller, Vince Young, Ugo Ihemelu, Kenny Cooper, Sedrick Ellis, Steve Nash, George Wilson, Zdeno Chara, Jared Allen, Dario Franchitti, Helio Castroneves, Eli Manning, Clayton Kershaw, Arian Foster, Adam LaRoche, Jason Babin, Carmelo Anthony, Joe Mauer, Josh Hamilton, Chipper Jones, Donovan McNabb, Ben Watson (NFL Player), Ndamukong Suh, John Elway, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brandon Moore, Aaron Rodgers, Charles Barkley, Steve Kerr, Peyton Manning, Terence Newman, Will Power, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Brandon Phillips, Matt Kalil, Ray Lewis, Manny Pacquiao, David Wright, Terry Francona, Bruce Bochy, Bryant Jennings and Warren Moon.
- NBC SportsTalk Debuts on Versus (August 17, 2010). "NBC Sports". Retrieved October 16, 2011.