NCIS (season 11)
|NCIS (season 11)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original run||September 24, 2013–|
|List of NCIS episodes|
The eleventh season of the police procedural drama NCIS premiered on September 24, 2013, in the same time slot as the previous seasons, Tuesdays at 8pm. The character of Special Agent Ziva David, portrayed by Cote de Pablo, departed during the season with her final appearance being in "Past, Present and Future". The episode "Crescent City (Part I)", which aired on March 25, 2014, serves as the first of a two-part backdoor pilot of NCIS: New Orleans.
Cast and characters
|Character||Portrayed by||Main cast||Recurring cast|
|Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs||Mark Harmon||entire season||N/A|
|Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo||Michael Weatherly||entire season||N/A|
|Special Agent Ziva David||Cote de Pablo||episodes 1–2||N/A|
|Forensic Specialist Abby Sciuto||Pauley Perrette||entire season||N/A|
|Special Agent Timothy McGee||Sean Murray||entire season||N/A|
|M.E. Assistant Jimmy Palmer||Brian Dietzen||entire season||N/A|
|NSA Analyst/Probationary Special Agent Eleanor Bishop||Emily Wickersham||episode 12–present||episodes 9–11|
|Director Leon Vance||Rocky Carroll||entire season||N/A|
|Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard||David McCallum||entire season||N/A|
On February 1, 2013, CBS renewed NCIS for an eleventh season. The same date Mark Harmon extended his contract on the show with a new "multiyear deal" with CBS. It was announced on July 10, 2013 that Cote de Pablo, who plays Ziva David, had chosen not to return for the eleventh season as a regular. She will appear in enough episodes to close out her character's storylines. Because of de Pablo's exit, showrunner Gary Glasberg had to change his planned storyline for season 11. "Someone asked me if I was planning for this, but I really wasn't, so basically the minute that this became real, I had to throw out a lot of what I was planning to do and start from scratch". Glasberg has stated that there will be rotating characters coming to fill Ziva's role.
The theme for the season is "unlocking demons", both figurative and literal according to Glasberg. A "pretty interesting adversary" about the theme will be introduced, and "that will carry through the season".
Colin Hanks returned for the premiere episode as Defense Department investigator Richard Parsons, a character introduced at the end of the tenth season, while Marina Sirtis returned in the second episode as Mossad Director Orli Elbaz. Joe Spano also reprised his role as Senior FBI Agent Tobias C. Fornell in the first two episodes. Muse Watson (as Mike Franks) appeared in the fourth episode. Ralph Waite (as Gibbs' father Jackson Gibbs) and Robert Wagner (as Tony's father Anthony DiNozzo, Sr.) are also confirmed to return. Diane Neal reprises her role CGIS Special Agent Abigail Borin in episode six "Oil & Water".
The second episode included a character named Sarah Porter, played by Leslie Hope, who is the new Secretary of the Navy, while Margo Harshman has been cast in a potentially recurring role as Timothy McGee's girlfriend, Delilah Fielding. The third episode introduced retiring NCIS Special Agent Vera Strickland (Roma Maffia) who has known Gibbs for many years.
On August 13, 2013, "casting intel" on a new female character named Bishop was published, with filming scheduled to mid-October. Bishop is described as a "twentysomething female[;] bright, educated, athletic, attractive, fresh-faced, focused and somewhat socially awkward. She has a mysterious mixture of analytic brilliance, fierce determination and idealism. She's traveled extensively, but only feels comfortable at home." Emily Wickersham was cast to play the character, named NSA Analyst Ellie Bishop, and was introduced during "November sweeps". Wickersham was promoted to the main cast, two weeks prior of her debut appearance. She made her first appearance in "Gut Check".
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|235||1||"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"||Tony Wharmby||Gary Glasberg||September 24, 2013||1101||20.02|
|A hotel bomb explodes killing Secretary of the Navy Clayton Jarvis and injuring Tom Morrow, with the NCIS team discovering that someone is trying to take them down one by one. Gibbs heads to Tehran to meet with an informant, while Tony books a flight to Tel Aviv. He is ready to leave when attacked by a sniper. McGee tries to solve the mystery of the bomb's origins.|
|236||2||"Past, Present, and Future"||James Whitmore, Jr.||Teleplay by: Scott Williams & Gina Lucita Monreal
Story by: Gary Glasberg
|October 1, 2013||1102||19.98|
|Gibbs and the team continue the hunt for Benham Parsa and his growing terrorist ring while Tony heads to Israel to track down Ziva.|
|237||3||"Under the Radar"||Dennis Smith||George Schenck & Frank Cardea||October 8, 2013||1103||18.33|
|The team must seek assistance from Twitter in help to find a missing Navy lieutenant.|
|238||4||"Anonymous Was a Woman"||Terrence O'Hara||Steven D. Binder||October 15, 2013||1104||18.83|
|Upon discovering a connection to an Afghan women's shelter that deceased Agent Mike Franks has supported for years, Gibbs and McGee travel to Afghanistan to investigate.|
|239||5||"Once a Crook"||Arvin Brown||Christopher Silber||October 22, 2013||1105||18.99|
|DiNozzo returns to his Baltimore Police Department days when he sees a felony suspect from a 15-year-old case at the NCIS crime scene of a murdered petty officer.|
|240||6||"Oil & Water"||Thomas J. Wright||Jennifer Corbett||October 29, 2013||1106||19.30|
|A suspicious explosion on board an oil rig has NCIS partnering up with the Coast Guard Investigative Service (CGIS), most notably CGIS Agent Abigail "Abby" Borin. Meanwhile, a mysterious prankster is targeting the NCIS team and no-one is safe from them.|
|241||7||"Better Angels"||Tony Wharmby||Gina Lucita Monreal||November 5, 2013||1107||19.18|
|The team comes to investigate the death of a Marine sergeant who was apparently killed trying to stop a robbery attempt.|
|242||8||"Alibi"||Holly Dale||George Schenck & Frank Cardea||November 12, 2013||1108||19.37|
|The team goes out to investigate a fatal hit and run near Quantico.|
|243||9||"Gut Check"||Dennis Smith||Christopher J. Waild||November 19, 2013||1109||19.66|
|The Secretary of the Navy was discovered to have been bugged during a confidential meeting, and the team work with NSA Analyst Eleanor "Ellie" Bishop (Emily Wickersham) to find the person responsible.|
|244||10||"Devil's Triad"||Arvin Brown||Steven D. Binder||December 10, 2013||1110||19.30|
|The team investigate the death of a Marine and discover a link between the current boyfriend of Diane Sterling, Gibbs and Tobias Fornell's ex-wife while NSA agent Ellie Bishop struggles to adjust to being a member of the NCIS team.|
|245||11||"Homesick"||Terrence O'Hara||Scott Williams||December 17, 2013||1111||19.65|
|The holiday mood is ruined when the team is called up by the Naval Medical Research Center and CDC to investigate a potential bioterrorist threat after eight children from Navy and Marine families are hospitalized in the ICU with similar symptoms. The team finds out the outbreak is not a deliberate attack. A returning serviceman accidentally acted as a carrier for a rare African disease, which can be easily treated. Vance finds himself receiving a visit from his estranged father-in-law, who he bears a grudge against for abandoning Jackie when she was young. However, Vance eventually has a change of heart and allows his father-in-law to make amends.|
|246||12||"Kill Chain"||James Whitmore, Jr.||Christopher Silber||January 7, 2014||1112||20.84|
|A stolen drone is later revealed to be linked to the elusive terrorist, Benham Parsa, forcing the NCIS team to join forces with the Department of Defense which brings the team back into contact with retired Lt. Colonel Hollis Mann who is also Gibbs' ex-girlfriend. As such, both teams must track down and recover the device before it is used for a large scale attack. As this happens, McGee is struggling with the possibility of asking for time off as he wants to attend a black-tie gala honoring his girlfriend.|
|247||13||"Double Back"||Tony Wharmby||Gina Lucita Monreal||January 14, 2014||1113||19.72|
|In an attempt to find the terrorist, Parsa, Gibbs and the team track down one of Parsa's minions using evidence from the drone attack in "Kill Chain" while McGee is left struggling to come to terms with what happened at the black-tie gala evening. While the team fails to catch Parsa, they do get a clue on where he might have gone. Meanwhile, McGee confides to Gibbs that Delilah was paralyzed in the attack, but he is determined to stay by Delilah's side.|
|248||14||"Monsters and Men"||Dennis Smith||Jennifer Corbett||February 4, 2014||1114||19.53|
|The murder of a port authority officer reveals Parsa’s possible whereabouts, as the team continues their tireless hunt. Meanwhile, Bishop reveals her past association with the elusive terrorist.|
|249||15||"Bulletproof"||Leslie Libman||Christopher J. Waild||February 25, 2014||1115||17.03|
|The team examine a crash and soon discover bulletproof vests associated with the United States Marine Corps but the investigation takes a turn after Abby's tests determine that the supposedly safe vests are actually faulty.|
|250||16||"Dressed to Kill"||Thomas J. Wright||George Schenck & Frank Cardea||March 4, 2014||1116||17.85|
|After meeting his father, DiNozzo confronts a man dressed as a Navy commander. The man runs and is followed by DiNozzo who ultimately shoots and kills him. The only witness is DiNozzo's father.|
|251||17||"Rock and a Hard Place"||Arvin Brown||Steven D. Binder||March 18, 2014||1117||17.11|
|The speakers explode in the dressing room of a military charity event but the team realize someone else was targeted deliberately after finding shrapnel from a World War II-era Mark 24 warhead and that it was accidentally triggered earlier than the intended time of detonation. Meanwhile, Jimmy Palmer prepares to become a father and Tony received an unwanted task from his father.|
|252||18||"Crescent City (Part I)"||James Whitmore, Jr.||Gary Glasberg||March 25, 2014||1118||17.52|
|A Congressman is found murdered in New Orleans, Gibbs and his team join forces with Fornell's FBI team and the local NCIS field. Gibbs reunites with long-time compatriot and friend NCIS Special Agent Dwayne "King" Pride (Scott Bakula). With that, Gibbs and Bishop head to New Orleans while DiNozzo and McGee stay in D.C. to work the case with Fornell. Things soon become personal as the Congressman was a former NCIS agent and their contemporary and his murder could possibly be linked to one of their old cases. The episode ends with Gibbs, Pride and Agents Meredith Brody and Christopher LaSalle standing in a square while from a hotel room, the unrevealed killer begins taking surveillance photographs of the NCIS team as Gibbs and Pride look on.|
|253||19||"Crescent City (Part II)"||Tony Wharmby||Gary Glasberg||April 1, 2014||1119||17.16|
|Another victim is found in the wetlands, dead at least two weeks. His throat had been cut with a steel blade and jet fuel is found in tire tracks near his body. Abby calls Gibbs to say the jet fuel matched the fuel found on the car mats belonging to victim Agent Doyle. A suspect, believed to have been obsessed with Congressman McLane and the Priviliged killer case, is also found dead. Gibbs and Pride track the killer, the son of a McClane contributor, to a military bar and a nearby cemetery, after Gibbs recalls marble dust also being found in Doyle's car. After solving this case, Pride and his team receive another one, while Gibbs waits for Bishop in order to return home.|
|254||20||"Page Not Found"||Terrence O'Hara||Christopher J. Waild||April 8, 2014||1120|
|When Delilah finds an encrypted email relating to the murder of a Navy Lt., she is ordered to ignore it. But instead she goes to Gibbs and NCIS starts looking into it. It turns out a CIA agent had the Navy Lt. kidnapped and drugged so that he could get paid by the founders of a darknet website. Delilah and Tim talk about their future.|
|255||21||"Alleged"||Arvin Brown||Scott Williams||April 15, 2014||1121||17.12|
|A woman Navy officer's rape is brought to light when one of her colleagues is accidentally killed in a bar. It turns out her Executive Officer was responsible for her's and several other rapes.|
|256||22||"Shooter"||Dennis Smith||George Schenck & Frank Cardea||April 29, 2014||1122|
|257||23||"The Admiral's Daughter"||May 6, 2014||1123|
|258||24||"Honor Thy Father"||Gary Glasberg & Gina Lucita Monreal||May 13, 2014||1124|
|Episode||U.S. ratings||Canadian ratings||Australian ratings|
|"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"||September 24, 2013||20.02||1||3||September 24, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||October 22, 2013||0.775||10|
|"Past, Present, and Future"||October 1, 2013||19.98||1||2||October 1, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||October 29, 2013||0.870||8|
|"Under the Radar"||October 8, 2013||18.33||1||2||October 8, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||November 5, 2013||0.699||14|
|"Anonymous Was a Woman"||October 15, 2013||18.83||1||2||October 15, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||November 12, 2013||0.702||9|
|"Once a Crook"||October 22, 2013||18.99||1||1||October 22, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||November 19, 2013||0.740||11|
|"Oil & Water"||October 29, 2013||19.30||1||1||October 29, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||November 26, 2013||0.667||10|
|"Better Angels"||November 5, 2013||19.18||1||2||November 5, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||March 4, 2014||0.523||N/A|
|"Alibi"||November 12, 2013||19.37||1||N/A||November 12, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||February 25, 2014||0.530||N/A|
|"Gut Check"||November 19, 2013||19.66||1||N/A||November 19, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||0.571||N/A|
|"Devil's Triad"||December 10, 2013||19.30||1||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||0.502||N/A|
|"Homesick"||December 17, 2013||19.65||1||1||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Ausiello, Michael (July 9, 2013). "Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, HIMYM, NCIS, Nashville, Castle, True Blood, Glee and More". TV Line. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Cote De Pablo To Depart CBS' 'NCIS'". Deadline. July 10, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 1, 2013). "'NCIS' Renewed by CBS for 11th Season". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 1, 2013). "UPDATE: Mark Harmon Inks New ‘NCIS' Deal, Hit CBS Drama Renewed For Next Season". Deadline. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (July 29, 2013). "NCIS Boss Opens Up About Cote de Pablo's Surprising Decision ('I Really Wasn't Planning for This'), Hints at 'Romantic' Exit Storyline". TV Line. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 45 Returning Favorites!". TV Line. September 3, 2013. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- Bryant, Adam and Natalie Abrams (July 30, 2013). "Mega Buzz: Ziva's NCIS Exit, Arrow's New Villains, and a New Good Wife Lover". TV Guide. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Keveney, Bill (September 30, 2013). "'NCIS' says farewell to Ziva". USA Today. Retrieved October 4, 2013.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (July 30, 2013). "NCIS Exclusive: Big Bang Brainiac Cast as McGee's Girlfriend". TV Line. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (August 13, 2013). "NCIS Exclusive: Meet Ziva's Successor". TVLine. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (August 13, 2013). "NCIS Exclusive: Meet Ziva's Successor". TV Line. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (October 1, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 1 With Adults 18–49 and Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 8, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'NFL on CBS' Tops Week 2 With Adults 18–49 and Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (October 15, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 3 With Adults 18–49 and Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 20, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 22, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 4 With Adults 18–49 and Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 27, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (October 29, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 5 With Adults 18–49, 'NCIS' Number One With Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 5, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 6 With Adults 18–49, 'NCIS' Number One With Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 12, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 7 With Adults 18–49 & With Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 13, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS', 'Supernatural' & 'The Mindy Project' Adjusted Up; 'The Biggest Loser' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 27, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.', 'The Voice', 'Supernatural' & 'Person of Interest' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (December 11, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' & 'NCIS' Adjusted Up; 'The Goldbergs' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (December 24, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 13 With Adults 18–49, 'NCIS' Leads Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (January 8, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.', 'NCIS' & 'Chicago Fire' Adjusted Up; 'Trophy Wife' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 15, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Mindy Project' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Chicago Fire' or 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (February 5, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS', 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' & 'The Originals' Adjusted Up; 'NCIS: Los Angeles', ' The Goldbergs'. 'Supernatural' & 'Trophy Wife' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 5, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 26, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Bachelor', 'NCIS: Los Angeles', 'Person of Interest' Adjusted Up; 'Supernatural' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 5, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'NCIS' & 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Adjusted Up; 'About A Boy, 'The Goldbergs' & 'Growing Up Fisher' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 26, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'Mind Games' & 'Supernatural' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 26, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 2, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D', 'The Voice' & 'NCIS' Adjusted Up; 'About A Boy' & 'Growing Up Fisher' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 2, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 16, 2014). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Originals', 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.', 'The Voice', 'NCIS', 'New Girl' & 'Person of Interest' Adjusted Up; 'Supernatural', 'About A Boy' & 'Growing Up Fisher' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Shooter". Zap2it. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "Shooter". Zap2it. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "Shooter". Zap2it. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- Knox, David (October 15, 2013). "Returning: NCIS". TV Tonight. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Knox, David (October 23, 2013). "Tuesday 22 October 2013". TV Tonight. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Knox, David (October 30, 2013). "Tuesday 29 October 2013". TV Tonight. Retrieved October 30, 2013.
- Knox, David (November 6, 2013). "Tuesday 5 November 2013". TV Tonight. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- Knox, David (November 13, 2013). "Tuesday 12 November 2013". TV Tonight. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- Knox, David (November 21, 2013). "Tuesday 19 November 2013". TV Tonight. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Knox, David (November 26, 2013). "Tuesday 26 November 2013". TV Tonight. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Knox, David (February 26, 2014). "My Kitchen Rules still leads the pack". TV Tonight. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- Knox, David (February 26, 2014). "Another 2.12m sizzles for Seven". TV Tonight. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- Knox, David (February 26, 2014). "Reality battle still squeezing Biggest Loser". TV Tonight. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- Knox, David (February 26, 2014). "Seven Nine still lead with Reality juggernauts". TV Tonight. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- General references
- "Shows A-Z – ncis on cbs". the Futon Critic. Retrieved August 23, 2013.