NC Bank Uganda
|Products||Loans, Savings, Checking, Investments, Debit Cards, Credit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$0.285 million (UGX:718 million) (2012)|
|Total assets||US$13.52 million (UGX:34 billion) (2012)|
|Slogan||"...one life...one bank..."|
NC Bank Uganda (NCBU), whose complete name is NC Bank Uganda Limited, is a commercial bank in Uganda. It is one of the commercial banks licensed by the Bank of Uganda, the country's central bank and national banking regulator.
NCBU is a small, but growing financial services provider in Uganda, focusing on meeting the banking needs of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and large corporations. As of December 2012[update], the total asset valuation of the bank was about US$13.5 million (UGX:34 billion), with shareholders' equity of approximately the same value. The bank is a subsidiary of the NIC Bank Group, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with subsidiaries in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
NIC Bank Group
NC Bank Uganda is a 100% subsidiary of NIC Bank Group, a Kenyan financial services provider. The group includes NIC Bank, a Kenyan bank, NIC Bank Tanzania, NC Bank Uganda and other Kenyan subsidiary businesses. The group is a large financial services conglomerate, with over US$1.0 billion in assets. The stock of the group is traded on the Nairobi Stock Exchange, under the symbol: NINC. Members companies of the group include the following:
- NIC Bank - Retail banking - Nairobi, Kenya 100% Shareholding
- NIC Capital - Investment banking - Nairobi, Kenya 100% Shareholding
- NIC Capital Securities - Securities brokerage - Nairobi, Kenya - 100% Shareholding
- NIC Bank Tanzania - Retail banking - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 69% Shareholding
- NC Bank Uganda - Retail banking - Kampala, Uganda 100% Shareholding
As of July 2012[update], the bank maintains networked branches at the following locations:
- Nalubega, Flavia (8 June 2012). "New Banks Kick Off Operations Amid Market Volatilities". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Uganda At December 2012". Bank of Uganda. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Audited December 2012 Group Financial Statement". NIC Bank Group. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Bank of Uganda Licenses Two New Banks In 2012". Bank of Uganda. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Nation, Correspondent (April 2012). "NIC To Open Uganda Branch In Growth Drive". Daily Nation. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "NIC Bank Group Enters Tanzania Banking Sector". TanzaniaInvest.com. 24 August 2009. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Mugwe, David (28 March 2012). "NIC Bank Plans KSh2 Billion Rights Issue For Expansion". Business Daily Africa. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Website of NIC Bank
- Website of Bank of Uganda
- NC Bank to Launch Asset Financing in Uganda
- Interview With John Okulo, Managing Director, NC Bank Uganda In July 2012
- Uganda: NIC Bank Puts Aside $134 Million for Expansion