From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up NET, net, or net- in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term net may refer to:
- net (device), fibers woven in a grid-like structure (such as a fishing net).
- net (textile), any textile in which the warp and weft yarns are looped or knotted at their intersections.
- net (economics), the sum or difference of two or more variables (as in net worth). The opposite of gross.
- net (mathematics), a generalization of a sequence similar to a filter
- net (polyhedron), an arrangement of polygons that can be folded up to form a polyhedron
- a linear system of divisors of dimension 2.
- in electronic design: a connection in a netlist.
It is used as shorthand for:
- network (disambiguation), an interconnected system (like a computer network)
- Internet, a global system of interconnected computer networks
The acronym NET may refer to:
- National Education Trust, English non-profit
- National Eligibility Test, Indian entrance examination
- New Earth Time, alternative naming system for time of day
- New English Translation of the Bible
- Nottingham Express Transit, British tramway
Broadcast and media
- NET., Indonesian television
- National Educational Television, predecessor of PBS in the United States
- Nebraska Educational Telecommunications, Nebraska
- New Evangelization Television, New York
- National Empowerment Television, a defunct politically conservative cable network from the 1990s, also called America's Voice
- New Hellenic Television, Greece
- Never Ending Tour, musician Bob Dylan's tour since 1988
- North East Tonight (or North East Today), a British regional news programme
- Nihon Educational Television, the former name of TV Asahi, Japan
- Neuroendocrine tumor, cancers of the interface between the endocrine and nervous system
- N-Ethyltryptamine, psychedelic drug
Science and psychology
- Neutrophil Extracellular Traps, extracellular fibers
- Neuro Electric Therapy, treatment for anxiety
- Neuro Emotional Technique, holistic medicine
- Norepinephrine transporter, neurotransmitter transporter
- Non-equilibrium thermodynamics, branch of study
- Noise-equivalent temperature, at detectors of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Noise-equivalent target, detection system
- NET Television (Malta), a Maltese television station
- NET S.A., Cable television operator in Latin America
- NET Act, No Electronic Theft Act in the United States
- Local net of operator algebras in quantum field theory
- Net flux, proportional amount to the concentration difference across a membrane, the surface area of the membrane, and the membrane permeability constant
- .net (disambiguation)
- NETS (disambiguation)
- NETD (disambiguation)
- Nett, a municipality in the Federated States of Micronesia
- ε-nets in probability theory, computational geometry, and metric spaces
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.