NFL Quarterback Club 96
|NFL Quarterback Club 96|
|Developer(s)||Iguana Entertainment, Condor Inc.|
|Series||NFL Quarterback Club series|
|Release date(s)||December 1995|
|Genre(s)||Sports, American football|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
NFL Quarterback Club 96 is an American football video game released in December 1995. The game was released on the Sega Saturn, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, Sega Game Gear, DOS, and Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The game's cover features San Francisco 49ers quarterback Steve Young passing while being tackled by Chicago Bears defensive lineman Chris Zorich and an unidentified defender. The Saturn, SNES and DOS versions were developed by Iguana Entertainment, while the Game Boy edition was developed by Condor Inc.
The game has 32 offensive plays and 16 defensive plays. The simulation modes include Preseason, Playoffs and Season, where you play a season of 18 games. Another playable mode is the Quarterback Challenge, where players take control of a quarterback and compete against other quarterbacks in the league in various competitions, such as distance, mobility, obstacle, and accuracy. Players can save their game via passcodes. As the game has the National Football League license, all 30 teams are represented in the game, and players can perform transactions between teams, as well as player substitutions. The game also features the no huddle offense, three camera angles, penalties, three possible clock speeds, weather conditions, player reports, replays, and pre-game shows.
The game received mixed to positive reviews. Allgame gave the Genesis version 3 stars out of 5, praising the Quarterback Challenge, but criticized the simulation modes, commenting that the graphics, design and point of view are very weak.
- "NFL Quarterback Club '96 - Technical information". MobyGames. Retrieved 2012-12-09.
- "NFL Quarterback Club '96 - Saturn". IGN. 1996-01-16. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "NFL Quarterback Club '96 - Genesis". IGN. 1995-12-18. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "NFL Quarterback Club '96 - Game Boy". IGN. 1995-10-01. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "NFL Quarterback Club '96 - Game Gear". IGN. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- Alan, Brett (2010-10-03). "NFL Quarterback Club 96 - Overview". allgame. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Baize, Anthony (2010-10-03). "NFL Quarterback Club 96 - Review". allgame. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Alan, Brett (2010-10-03). "NFL Quarterback Club 96 - Overview". allgame. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "NFL Quarterback Club '96 (SNES)". Neoseeker.com. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
|This American football video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|