NFL Sports Talk Football '93
|NFL Sports Talk Football '93
starring Joe Montana and all 28 NFL teams
European cover art
|Series||Joe Montana Football|
|Genre(s)||Sports (American football)|
(Versus or co-op)
- Being officially-licensed allows this game to use all the real NFL team names, and the phrase "Super Bowl", where previously teams only represented cities, and played for the 'Sega Bowl'.
- Joe Montana is the only player whose name is spoken; the following year's NFL Football '94 Starring Joe Montana game also featured Troy Aikman, perhaps due to his leading the Dallas Cowboys to Super Bowl success in 1993 (and 1994).
- Players may choose to play an exhibition game, or compete in the league (16 games, then the playoffs and Super Bowl).
- Running commentary using 'Sports Talk 2.0' technology, which was highly regarded at the time, having around 500 different phrases
- A 'playbook' containing 50 possible plays.
- Four possible views of the field:
- Camera zooms in when a player crosses the line of scrimmage, or the ball is thrown by the quarterback
- Choice of:
- League play could be saved, and continued later by entering a ten-character code.
All 28 NFL teams from the 1992-93 season are represented.
AFC East: Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets
AFC Central: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Houston Oilers, Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC West: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks
NFC East: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Phoenix Cardinals, Washington Redskins
NFC Central: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West: Atlanta Falcons, Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans Saints, San Francisco 49ers
- The Joe Montana series (part of The History of Football Games, page 14)
- NFL Sports Talk Football '93 at GameFAQs
- NFL Sports Talk Football '93 at MobyGames