An infrared Spitzer Space Telescope image of NGC 2264
|Observation data: J2000.0 epoch|
|Right ascension||6h 41m|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||3.9|
|Apparent dimensions (V)||20′|
- the Cone Nebula,
- the Christmas Tree Cluster,
Two other objects are within this designation but not officially included:
NGC 2264 is sometimes referred to as the Christmas Tree Cluster and the Cone Nebula. However, the designation of NGC 2264 in the New General Catalogue refers to both objects and not the cluster alone.
- "SIMBAD Astronomical Database". Results for NGC 2264. Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- Image sig05-028
- Tom’s Astronomy Blog » Blog Archive » The Christmas Tree Cluster
- APOD: 2002 July 1 - The Fox Fur Nebula
- NGC 2264 @ SEDS NGC objects pages
- NGC 2264 on WikiSky: DSS2, SDSS, GALEX, IRAS, Hydrogen α, X-Ray, Astrophoto, Sky Map, Articles and images
|This star cluster–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|