|Observation data: J2000 epoch|
|Right ascension||17h 19m 58s|
|Declination||−35° 57′ 47″|
|Distance||5500 +/-970 ly ly|
|Designations||ESO 392-EN 009,
Sharpless 8, RCW 127,
NGC 6334 (also known as the Cat's Paw Nebula, Bear Claw Nebula and Gum 64) is an emission nebula located in the constellation Scorpius. It was discovered by astronomer John Herschel in 1837, who observed it from the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa.
This video compares the near-infrared and submillimetre views of the star formation region.
- "Basic data: NGC 6334 -- SuperNova Remnant". SIMBAD Astronomical Database. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- "Statistical study of OB stars in NGC 6334 and NGC 6357". Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "The Cat's Paw Nebula". Astronomy Picture of the Day. NASA. 2003-07-17. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "NGC 6334 - The Cat's Paw Nebula". SEDS Database. SEDS. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to NGC 6334.|
- On the Trail of a Cosmic Cat — ESO Photo Release
- NGC 6334 on WikiSky: DSS2, SDSS, GALEX, IRAS, Hydrogen α, X-Ray, Astrophoto, Sky Map, Articles and images
- Astronomy Picture of the Day - Wide Angle: The Cat's Paw Nebula 2010 April 21
- Cat's Paw Nebula at Constellation Guide
|This nebula-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|