Brava Linhas Aéreas
|Operating bases||Porto Alegre|
|Headquarters||Porto Alegre, Brazil|
|Key people||Jorge Barouki (Director-President)|
According to the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC) between January and December 2012 Brava (then still operating as NHT) had 0.02% of the domestic market share in terms of passengers-kilometre flown.
Originally named NHT Linhas Aéreas, the airline started operations in August 2006 serving cities in Rio Grande do Sul. After expanding services in the states of Paraná, Rio Grande do Sul, and Santa Catarina, on April 9, 2010 NHT was granted much sought-for slots at São Paulo-Congonhas Airport, enabling the airline to start services to the state of São Paulo.
Previously controlled by JMT Holding, which belongs to the family Teixeira, on May 18, 2012 NHT was sold to Group Acauã, belonging to the entrepreneur Jorge Barouki. Whereas JMT will dedicate itself to road transportation, Acauã plans to increase the fleet and open new routes, particularly in the state of Santa Catarina.
As of March 2013 the airline ceased to use its original name NHT Linhas Aéreas and, as part of rebranding strategy, started to use the new name Brava Linhas Aéreas. Plans exist to start using four Embraer EMB 120 Brasília.
As of June 2013 Brava Linhas Aéreas operated scheduled services to the following destinations in Brazil:
As of February 2014 the fleet of Brava Linhas Aéreas included the following aircraft:
|Let L-410 UVP E-20||2||–||19||2006||–|
|Embraer EMB 120 Brasília||1||3||–|
Brava Linhas Aéreas has no Frequent Flyer Program.
- "Dados Comparativos Avançados" (in Portuguese). Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC). Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- Veloso, Tarso (March 9, 2010). "NHT, Webjet e Azul ganham espaço em Congonhas". Valor Online (in Portuguese).
- "NHT Linhas Aéreas (Brasil)" (in Portuguese). Aviação Brasil. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- Farina, Erik (May 18, 2012). "Voos regionais da NHT devem ser mantidos" (in Portuguese). Zero Hora. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- "Brava rotas e horários" (in Portuguese). Brava Linhas Aéreas. Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- "Frota atual das empresas brasileiras" (in Portuguese). Aeromuseu. May 25, 2013. Retrieved June 4, 2013.