|NLR family, pyrin domain containing 14|
|Symbols||; CLR11.2; GC-LRR; NALP14; NOD5; PAN8|
NLRP14, short for NOD-like receptor family pyrin domain containing 14, is an intracellular protein of mammals associated with a role in spermatogenesis. It is also known as NALP14, NOD5, GC-LRR, Nalp-iota, PAN8, and CLR11.2, and is one of 14 pyrin domain containing members of the NOD-like receptor family of cytoplasmic receptors. NLRP14 is found exclusively in the testes where it is expressed within spermatogonia, spermatocytes and spermatids.
- Tschopp J, Martinon F, Burns K (February 2003). "NALPs: a novel protein family involved in inflammation". Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 4 (2): 95–104. doi:10.1038/nrm1019. PMID 12563287.
- Westerveld GH, Korver CM, van Pelt AM, et al. (December 2006). "Mutations in the testis-specific NALP14 gene in men suffering from spermatogenic failure". Hum. Reprod. 21 (12): 3178–84. doi:10.1093/humrep/del293. PMID 16931801.
- Enjuanes A, Benavente Y, Bosch F, et al. (2008). "Genetic variants in apoptosis and immunoregulation-related genes are associated with risk of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.". Cancer Res. 68 (24): 10178–86. doi:10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-08-2221. PMID 19074885.
- Inohara N, NuÃ±ez G (2003). "NODs: intracellular proteins involved in inflammation and apoptosis.". Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3 (5): 371–82. doi:10.1038/nri1086. PMID 12766759.
- Kimura K, Wakamatsu A, Suzuki Y, et al. (2006). "Diversification of transcriptional modulation: large-scale identification and characterization of putative alternative promoters of human genes.". Genome Res. 16 (1): 55–65. doi:10.1101/gr.4039406. PMC 1356129. PMID 16344560.
|This protein-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|