N.M.A.M. Institute of Technology
|NMAM Institute of Technology|
|Motto||Strive for Excellence|
|Type||Private Education and Engineering Institution|
|President||N. Vinaya Hegde|
|Principal||Dr. Niranjan N. Chiplaunkar|
|Dean||Dr. Niranjan N. Chiplaunkar|
|Location||Nitte, Udupi, Karnataka, India
|Affiliations||Visveswaraiah Technological University|
Nitte Mahalinga Adyanthaya Memorial Institute of Technology is an autonomous engineering college in Nitte, Karnataka, India. It being situated in Nitte, which sits on the western ghats, is surrounded with the best 360 degree views nature can provide. In such a pristine atmosphere, and lush green gardens, is situated the 25 year old institute, along with its sister institutions. Established in 1986, it initially started with the following programs - computer science, mechanical engineering, civil engineering and electrical engineering. The institute is certified to ISO-9001-2008 standards for the quality education standards.
The College is situated in the village of Nitte in an interior area of Udupi district. It is around 57 kilometers from Mangalore. The various departments, laboratories, and hostels are spread out in a vast 100-acre (0.40 km2) campus. The college has collaborated with Penn State University,U.S.A. to offer 2+2 engineering program with Penn State Harrisburg which allows the students to study 2 years in Nitte and the remaining years at Harrisburg.
The undergraduate program offers degrees in
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
The Institute also offers masters degrees in some branches of engineering and technology. Some specialisations offered are as follow
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Networking
- M.Tech. in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
- M.Tech. in Digital Electronics and Communication
- M.Tech in Energy System Engineering
- M.Tech in Machine Design
- M.Tech. in Construction Technology
- M.Tech.in Industrial Biotechnology(From 2014-15)
- M.Tech.in Power Electronics (From 2014-15)
- M.Tech in Micro Electronics and Control Systems-University PG Centre
All departments are recognised as research centres by VTU Belgaum for M.Sc. Engg. and Doctoral research.
NMAMIT currently runs 7 undergraduate BE programs, 3 M.Tech. programs and MCA programs. It has University affiliated Research Centers in the Departments of CSE, E&C,E&E, Mechanical and MBA. Annual intake of the college (for the first year) is about 900 (UG=650; PG=250) This institute has been recognized as a Lead Institute under TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Program) of WorldBank.Now, it is also a part of TEQIP-II, in the foray for receiving substantial grants. The Institute offers graduate programs in 7 branches of Engineering - Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Science & Engineering, Bio-Technology and Mechanical Engineering. The college also offers postgraduate programs like, Master of Technology, Master of Computer Applications and Master of Business Administration. Besides these, students can also pursue their doctoral programs at the Institute.
A number of clubs are active in the college.Aero Club, Grey Matter- The quizzers club, The Math club, Clicz Photography Club, The Linux User group, Samskriti- The music club, to name a few. In addition, departments conduct their own activities inside the department.
‘AERO-CLUB', a one of its kind aviation and student activity club was formed as an initiative to familiarize young minds to aviation and encourage participation in co-curricular activities .With a very dedicated team of staff and an equally dedicated and enthusiastic team of students and an enormous student following and participation, this College Club has since been a mouth piece for distinct activities at the Campus. Right since its formation the club has been buzzing with activities which set the ‘AERO CLUB’ apart from all the other college clubs functioning not only across the state but also the Country. The elite club also runs a website www.aeroclubnitte.org which is managed and maintained solely by the team.
The Clicz Photography club, is one of the most active clubs in the history of this institution, and hold this status even today. From covering shoots of various events, stage shots, to, creative photography, photo gimmicks, editing, poster making, video making, time - lapse, this club is always there to make every moment eternal. This club was started in the year 2009, but now it has grown into a family. The objective of this club is to live the moment, and capture it, hence the motto, 'Capture the essence'.
The college boasts of more than 4000 alumni.
- Rohit Bhat- Founder and CEO of Robosoft Technologies
- Rakshit Shetty- Kannada Movie Star
- Nischal Shetty- Founder of Justunfollow.com
- Shilpa Hegde- a candidate for the Liberal Party in Australia
- Rajesh Chowta (’91E&C), President, Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering (MITE).
- Biju Sebastian (’91 CS), Managing Director , Andryan IT Solutions, Dubai
- Sanjeeth Shetty (’94 E&C), Chairman and CEO of Eton & Company, the Founder Chairman & CEO of Sanjeeth Shetty & Company. London, UK
- Ravindranath Maarla (94 Mech), MD, Sheela Equipments Pvt Ltd
- Shaji Shivasankaran , (95 E &E) , Director, Concept Electrical Ware trading LLC,Dubai
- Santhosh Kumar( 96 Civil Engg), Director, Turfanah Group of companies, Sharjah
- Srinivas Yermal(97 CS), Managing Director, Indygo, Bangalore
- Darshan Kasravalli (97 CS), CEO, Ojas Testing Solutions, Bangalore.
- Prashanth Subhash - Sr. Consultant Presales, CA Technologies
The college also hosts 2 yearly fests that uphold the talents of the students.
- Tech Nidarshan: A 3 day national level technical festival held during the time of November.
It is an amalgamation of seven engineering branches festival which includes workshops, technical talks and 48 multidisciplinary events from “Ungoogle+” to “Fiery Birds”; from “Circuit Saga” to “Robolympics”; from the “Creative Touch” to test your creativity to “Twistease” teasing your brains;then adding to the zeal and being “Zestified ”. The Tech Nidarshan’11 had in store many attractions like the Air Show, Super bike expo, the talent exhibition-Expressions, Tech Bits- a technical gaming zone, the Y-factor, and the most appreciated concert by Stephen Devassy, member of the ensemble A.R. Rahman troupe.
- Anandotsava:A cultural fest showcasing various dance,singing and other stage events which is usually held in the March. Hundreds of students from up to 50 colleges take part in this cultural mega event, from all over the state. The events include competitions in dance, singing, face painting, M.A.D., debates, etc.
- Best College of the year award once in 2005 and next in 2007 – by VTU, Belgaum.
- National Level “Gurukul Jyothi Award” for the year 2006-07.