|Type||Public (LSE: NMC)|
|Headquarters||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Key people||Mark Tompkins, (Chairman)
Dr BR Shetty (CEO)
|Revenue||$550.1 million (2013)|
|Operating income||$92.9 million (2013)|
|Profit||$69.1 million (2013)|
NMC (Arabic: مستشفى المركز الطبي الجديد) is a healthcare chain in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). NMC Health is headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, and has branch hospitals in Dubai and Sharjah and Al Ain. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
NMC Health was founded by H.E. Abdulla Humaid Al-Mazroei and B. R. Shetty in 1975 as the "New Medical Centre" in Abu Dhabi. It went on to esablish hospitals in Deira (Dubai) in 1999, Al Nahda (Dubai) in 2004 and Al Ain in 2008. In 2012 it became listed on the London Stock Exchange.
In addition to hospitals and clinics, NMC Health also has businesses in trading, hospitality, pharmaceutical manufacturing, pharmacy chains, financial services, education, jewellery, advertising, real estate and information technology. NMC Health also owns, UAE Exchange (financial services) and Foodlands Restaurant in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. NMC Health sponsors a cricket team which won the Bukhatir League Cricket Tournament, the longest running in the UAE, in 2008 and previously in 1999.
- Preliminary Results 2013
- Focus on quality medical service for all. Gulfnews.com article on BR Shetty.
- "NMC to expand health division with new hospital in Al Ain". World News. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- UAE-based NMC Health plans London IPO London and South East, 8 March 2012
- Khaleej Times Online - Ahsan hits fine century as NMC prevail
- Gulfnews: New Medical Centre win UAE's oldest cricket tournament
- Cricinfo - New Medical Centre lift UAE Panasonic Gold Cup
|This article about a medical organization or association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|